Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree10Likes

In your opinion does it appear to be the coating rubbing off or the coating stained?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It would appear the coating is staining. That whatever is causing it dirt or otherwise, is penetrating the surface. It does not appear the coating in rubbing off - rather that the coating is extremely vulnerable to absorbing coloring, sweat, who knows what else from things it comes in contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    It would appear the coating is staining. That whatever is causing it dirt or otherwise, is penetrating the surface. It does not appear the coating in rubbing off - rather that the coating is extremely vulnerable to absorbing coloring, sweat, who knows what else from things it comes in contact with.
    I agree, seeing as I cleaned mine up a bit.
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    what did you clean it up with? my second device got the dingy corners.... absolutely stupid issue to have.

almost positive its just the black dress pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    what did you clean it up with? my second device got the dingy corners.... absolutely stupid issue to have.

This is why I only considered the black model. Any wear and/or staining wouldn't be noticeable.

I agree with you...it is an absolutely stupid issue to have. Poor design choice by HTC...

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    yeah I normally would do the same BUT my provider only has the blue model

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post

Alcohol based hand sanitiser and a clothe.

Its not perfect, but at least stops it from getting any worse.

As good as the doubleshot case is, holding the actual phone is so much better, so I will just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Alcohol based hand sanitiser and a clothe.

Its not perfect, but at least stops it from getting any worse.

As good as the doubleshot case is, holding the actual phone is so much better, so I will just live with it.
    I tried an alcohol based cleaner and I had no success :( I guess I'll have to live with the black corners and it's such a shame that HTC didn't pick up on this!

Quote Originally Posted by baygacon View Post
    I tried an alcohol based cleaner and I had no success :( I guess I'll have to live with the black corners and it's such a shame that HTC didn't pick up on this!
    Definately, they wanted me to send mine if for a "repair" for a minimum of 5 days and not guaranteed zero charge. Not doing that. Would be setting myself up for a headache.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    it's the soft coating getting stained and HTC knew about this for awhile.... google "htc one x stained"

I thought I was lucky, I've had my Verizon Red 8X since the day it came out (about a month). Sometime over the course of this weekend, all 4 corners have black smudges on them, after being spotless. I DO think it was clothing related, as I noticed it after putting it in the specific pocket of a coat I hadn't yet worn with the phone.

Its a real shame, if it cannot be cleaned, I don't really want to do a warranty replacement if this is going to just continue to happen.

Entirely possible. My wife got me a pair of jeans from Old Navy a while back, and I wore them (after washing them once, mind you) with a new pair of white Nike's. The Nike's stained blue and I could never clean it. First and only time I've ever had something stained by fabric dye.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    My blue HTC 8x also has dirty corners syndrome....Best Buy doesn't have any in stock in my state so pretty much I am sh** out of luck unless I am willing to be entirely without a phone for 5 days.

I am not sure what I am going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Adithya Errabelli View Post
    I finally heard back from HTC today (called them when I was within my 30 day window but got a response exactly 4 days outside of my window). Basically, their recommendation was that I get a case to protect the phone. Or I had the option of sending it to them and I wouldn't have a phone for 5 - 10 days.
    They want you to send them the phone so they can re-apply the delicate soft touch coating and then in a few weeks you will be back to square one? At least they didn't tell you that you're holding the phone wrong, lol. You should ask them why they decided to add a delicate coating that feels "great to hold" if you then have to use a case in an attempt to protect it. How silly.
    jpp01uk likes this.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Wait HTC is not supporting their customers? Wonder where I have heard that before. Oh, wait....

Sorry to hear that it seems like both flagship WP8 devices seem to have some prevalent issues. Even more glad I am waiting till next round now.

Can anyone with the dirty corners post their hardware revision (Settings -> About)?

more pictures img_1443.jpg
    i've this phone since month ago and its going so well ,no proplem with color
    however, it's not abig proplem as you say guys :D

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Mine is 5 months old and it only started getting dirty about two weeks ago.

Got my phone's edges cleared by wiping with alcohol based sanitizer and soft cloth.
    Banned

You wet your fingers with water, then you apply it on the dirty spot, then I rub it kinda hard with my either index or thumb and it comes off. You can clearly see the water turning black.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blair McGregor View Post
    In all seriousness does anyone have a good way of cleaning the corners up? I'm not one for cases!
    wet your fingers with water then apply your dirty spot. Then you rub hard with either index or thumb, then you can see the water turning black.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ankurmarwah View Post
    Got my phone's edges cleared by wiping with alcohol based sanitizer and soft cloth.
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe that. It didn't work for me.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

I seem to have a problem with the corners peeling off. Also there is a lot of dust and other particles entering the crevasses between the gaps in the volume, camera and power buttons, as well as inside the holes of the speaker.

Anyone know how to clean it?

EDIT: I got the phone mid-April.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ignore this. Didn't realize the thread was old.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456