Phone getting dirty

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys have sweaty palms or live in a human or rainy area?

Dammit, I DO live in a human area :) That's my problem?

I'm surprised no one jumped on that one earlier. Anyway, aside from having to cohabitate with other humans, I am still waiting for my Cyan 920 that I ordered on the 9th, but am interested in the 8X as well. This does seem like a major issue if it's common, but I'd imagine they could change it pretty easily, or just stop selling the colors. The reality is that it probably won't affect sales.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Great, thanks! At least I know what to expect when I get mine. However I wish the HTC logo was metallic, and Beats logo was there too. But that is just me being picky. Got mine from ?13.98 including delivery to my door. The official HTC Accessory site is charging ?17.99 even before delivery charges are applied. Rip off!

I'm still looking for other colors, specially black and limelight yellow. I wonder why HTC is taking this long to release them now that almost evey carrier out there and stores are selling the 8X.

Post your impressions on the case. The only gripe I have with it is that the power button is little bit harder to press, but that's on the phone's flush buttons. It loosens up a bit and now it is just like it has no cover, but still a bit harder for my liking. Other than that, it's the best case I have ever used.

mainevent3405

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Copped this case today from Tmo. Went in to return my 8x with the dark streaks on back cover and black corners for a new one. I paid full price so the return was simple.
Saw this case and had to have it. Works like a charm for me! :smile:

20121123_175140.jpg
20121123_175054.jpg
20121123_175353.jpg
20121123_175345.jpg
20121123_175250.jpg
20121123_175448.jpg

baygacon

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the photos of the cases, tempted to get the double shot. Morpheus (or anyone else) have you had any success cleaning the black corners yet?

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the photos of the cases, tempted to get the double shot. Morpheus (or anyone else) have you had any success cleaning the black corners yet?

awaiting delivery of magic eraser stuff. Double shock case should come today tho. Had hide and forget about it for 23 months :)

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It the double shot case. The blue one, the only option. Same colour as my phone so perfect for my needs. Strange that there isn't a colour for all options yet.

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
could you take a shot of your cali blue 8x with the casing? does it protect the edges of the 8x? i'm thinking of purchasing one , but cant justify the price since TPU is available and way cheaper than it.

thanks!

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Someone already posted pics of the case higher up. Protects everything apart from the front glass. Feels very nice in a different way, because you know that it shouldnt get dirty. Also, the buttons are slightly harder to press so there isn't the room for accidental presses.

For me, a case should protect the phone, whilst preserving the reasoning you choose it in the first place...the looks. This case does both.

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
okay thanks, originally the buttons on the 8x were flushed ( some reviewers complained that it was hard to press the power button ,volume buttons and camera buttons as well). with the case on, has this problem been resolved? i mean, the buttons on the case would give it a more easier access to it right?

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I found the opposite with the volume and camera buttons. With the case, i find the pressure required to press the buttons akin to the hd7, i.e. Firm enough to avoid accidental activation. Regarding the power button, I hold with one hand, and with other hand place thumb on button of phone for support, then use index to press it. Therefore never an issue for me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3