text messages

Robert Nowak

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to get text messages? I realize this seems like a silly question, but I just activated my phone on verizon and I'm not getting any text messages. Tested a few from friend's phone, didn't get them. But the ones I send made it. Any thoughts?

rdlm

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. The problem was that I had neglected to power off my old phone after they provisioned my new HTC 8x. To fix it, 1) turn off your old phone, 2) power cycle your new phone, 3) make a test phone call (not sure if you need to do this?), 4) try texting.

Robert Nowak

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. The problem was that I had neglected to power off my old phone after they provisioned my new HTC 8x. To fix it, 1) turn off your old phone, 2) power cycle your new phone, 3) make a test phone call (not sure if you need to do this?), 4) try texting.

Seemed like an obvious fix, and it worked. Thanks a lot

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I had the same problem, able to send SMS texts but not receive. My new phone had never been powered off after it was activated. A Verizon support rep suggested powering down and then up, and it worked great. Now text messages are coming in fine. Didn't have to do anything on the old phone (which had a dead battery and was completely off anyway).

beigewell

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue, I can receive text messages but cannot reply. If I reply without the country code it's fine but wont work any other way. This is after a factory reset

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Roslan Hristov,

Thanks for that tip. For some stupid reason, every time I open my Messaging app, my status is set to "offline." What in the f*? Then, once I set my status to "available", I try to send an SMS text message, but it still doesn't work. I close the Messaging app and re-open it only to find that my status has again been set to "offline." I can't seem to figure this out and I am very frustrated. Sometimes, when I tap a text message thread, the app crashes. Then, sometimes it says at the top of the Messaging app, "Can't connect to chat" even though I'm in a great LTE coverage and Wi-Fi area.

elitelibra

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
i had the same issue with my current unlocked verizon htc 8x phone that i'm using on tmobile but i found this to be helpful and now the issue is fixed. Go to your settings for calling and uncheck the option to auto correct international area code.

it fixed the issue and text are sending properly. Hope this fixes your issue as it has mine...

To check to see if it worked, text yourself and if you receive it then it worked. but also send multiple messages in the same thread just to make sure that it is working consistently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3