Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi there. Want to buy an 8x outright from Rogers or maybe somewhere else. Will the Nokia network app just released in Canada help me out with this. Will I be missing anything such as mms or internet tether? maybe I should be looking at just buying an unlocked phone from somewhere else. Any advice would be helpful. Thxs

Quote Originally Posted by jdowsett View Post
    Hi there. Want to buy an 8x outright from Rogers or maybe somewhere else. Will the Nokia network app just released in Canada help me out with this. Will I be missing anything such as mms or internet tether? maybe I should be looking at just buying an unlocked phone from somewhere else. Any advice would be helpful. Thxs
    Which Nokia app are you talking about?

I was on the Phone with Telus technical support yesterday. I said that tethering wont work until we are able to enter two internet APNs on WP8. One for data(sp.telus.com) and one tethering(isp.telus.com). Telus requires both.

As for MMS, I am able to send them but cannot receive. Telus is looking into the the issue and reviewing my logs. they will get back to me when they have more information.

I have a Lumia 920.

You seem to be trying the same thing I am. Where did you buy your 920 from. The app I'm talking about is called Network Setup by Nokia. It shows up under the Nokia Collection on my Nokia 800 telus version. Here is a link from the share button in the marketplace in case you can't find it. please please tell me how you make out. I'm from Victoria. Cheers

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=b958...4-7d1a12f62d2c