Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By martinmc78

There is a little door/indent right about the volume button on the 8x. There is a little hole next to it that looks like you could put a pin in there and it would pop out. What is that used for?

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    It's where your SIM card goes.

Thanks. I didn't think of that. I was hoping that I could stick a memory card in there. :)

Quote Originally Posted by lzicc View Post
    There is a little door/indent right about the volume button on the 8x. There is a little hole next to it that looks like you could put a pin in there and it would pop out. What is that used for?
    Do you have the international unlocked version? If so, this is used for the exclusive HTC app, "HTC Portable Soda". Open that little door, put a 50c coin in there, choose the desired soda on the screen using your fingers, confirm, and it will pour the selected drink via the headphone jack which is located on the very top of the device.

Please note that you have only 10 drinks preloaded in the device - after that you'll need to order a special cable on the HTC website to refill your phone and keep enjoying some delicious soft drinks on the go!

Quote Originally Posted by igoramadas View Post
    Do you have the international unlocked version? If so, this is used for the exclusive HTC app, "HTC Portable Soda". Open that little door, put a 50c coin in there, choose the desired soda on the screen using your fingers, confirm, and it will pour the selected drink via the headphone jack which is located on the very top of the device.

Please note that you have only 10 drinks preloaded in the device - after that you'll need to order a special cable on the HTC website to refill your phone and keep enjoying some delicious soft drinks on the go!
    Bit unnecessary. The guys asking for help. It may be a question he shouldnt have asked had he looked at the instructions that came with the phone. But still you could have a t least posted something funny
    Villain likes this.

I agree im sure the sales rep slipped the sim card in 1st thing and the buyer never looked twice

Geese...sorry I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by igoramadas View Post