Can ya help me find some apps

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I've been playing with the phone a lot today while at work and I can't find some basic apps that I'm looking for, could you all point me in the right direction? here we go
APP
1) a nice weather app with a good working live tile (prefer a fancy looking one but a plain jane would be ok too)
2) a good battery app that shows the battery % and updates by itself whether is 1% or 10% increments. Also do these kinda apps cause more battery drain?
3) a checkbook app. one that I can enter how much is in my account then do my own subtracting and adding ( live tile would be great!!)
4) A good facebook app? Is the stock microsoft one still causing issues with reboots?
5) Is there an app to let me change my tiles backgrounds? Like for the phone tile I could use an old school rotatory phone picture?

Thanks for the help

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
1.- Microsoft Weather is the one I used on WP7. Simple interface, good looking live tiles. Free. With HTC app, I haven't installed Weather yet.
2.- Battery Level for WP8. This one is great. The latest updated added a graph to see your usage through the day. Free.
3.- I don't use any but I've seen a few. Search the store and try them on your own.
4.- This reboot thing may be limited to some handsets only and could be a WP or hardware thing, not apps. Try the official Facebook app, if you have reboots, uninstall it to see it solves it. I have yet to install it because most of what I use Facebook for is already baked in on Windows Phone.
5.- Try Wiztiles, this is what I use to create custom tiles for toggling WiFi and Bluetooth. Free (no ads) with a Pro version with more features.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
1. I use HTC for my lock screen and have the double wide tile on my start screen, but on WP7 I used WeatherMaster it has a nice live tile that can update with your current location no just a prespecified one, but the HTC live tile updates more often because OEMs have more access to the OS.
2. Battery Level for WP8
3. Checkbook Metro is what I use its really robust I don't even use half of the features. I has a great back up to skydrive capability.
4/5 Can't help i don't use facebook apps other than people hub integration, and I've never tried to change tiles

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
1. I use HTC for my lock screen and have the double wide tile on my start screen, but on WP7 I used WeatherMaster it has a nice live tile that can update with your current location no just a prespecified one, but the HTC live tile updates more often because OEMs have more access to the OS.
2. Battery Level for WP8
3. Checkbook Metro is what I use its really robust I don't even use half of the features. I has a great back up to skydrive capability.
4/5 Can't help i don't use facebook apps other than people hub integration, and I've never tried to change tiles

How did you get HTC on your lock screen? It isn't available under the lock screen app choices for mine.

I saw someone else's screen shot of Weather Flow that looks pretty nice.

I haven't had any reboot issues with the stock facebook app. The live tile rarely updates, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12