- 11-23-2012, 08:46 PM #1
Ok so I've been playing with the phone a lot today while at work and I can't find some basic apps that I'm looking for, could you all point me in the right direction? here we go
1) a nice weather app with a good working live tile (prefer a fancy looking one but a plain jane would be ok too)
2) a good battery app that shows the battery % and updates by itself whether is 1% or 10% increments. Also do these kinda apps cause more battery drain?
3) a checkbook app. one that I can enter how much is in my account then do my own subtracting and adding ( live tile would be great!!)
4) A good facebook app? Is the stock microsoft one still causing issues with reboots?
5) Is there an app to let me change my tiles backgrounds? Like for the phone tile I could use an old school rotatory phone picture?
Thanks for the help
- 11-24-2012, 01:07 AM #2
1.- Microsoft Weather is the one I used on WP7. Simple interface, good looking live tiles. Free. With HTC app, I haven't installed Weather yet.
2.- Battery Level for WP8. This one is great. The latest updated added a graph to see your usage through the day. Free.
3.- I don't use any but I've seen a few. Search the store and try them on your own.
4.- This reboot thing may be limited to some handsets only and could be a WP or hardware thing, not apps. Try the official Facebook app, if you have reboots, uninstall it to see it solves it. I have yet to install it because most of what I use Facebook for is already baked in on Windows Phone.
5.- Try Wiztiles, this is what I use to create custom tiles for toggling WiFi and Bluetooth. Free (no ads) with a Pro version with more features.
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM #3
- 111 Posts
1. I use HTC for my lock screen and have the double wide tile on my start screen, but on WP7 I used WeatherMaster it has a nice live tile that can update with your current location no just a prespecified one, but the HTC live tile updates more often because OEMs have more access to the OS.
2. Battery Level for WP8
3. Checkbook Metro is what I use its really robust I don't even use half of the features. I has a great back up to skydrive capability.
4/5 Can't help i don't use facebook apps other than people hub integration, and I've never tried to change tiles
- 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM #4
I saw someone else's screen shot of Weather Flow that looks pretty nice.
I haven't had any reboot issues with the stock facebook app. The live tile rarely updates, though.
- By going west in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2012, 11:57 PM
- By Fiann in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
- By optimumjay in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 02-19-2012, 08:00 AM
- By trmnta82 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 11-23-2011, 11:58 PM
- By jrdatrackstar1223 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 31Last Post: 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM