Anyone switch from the HTC 8X to the 822 because of the tall screen?

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen is super tall. Which makes it super hard to text. I'm adjusting but it's still tough going from the Galaxy Nexus.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from iPhone 5, I prefer the taller screen; more content to view, in messaging, facebook, twitter, home screen tiles, IE etc. Whereas in Lumia 920/820 everything just looks magnified. One of my main reason for choosing 8X. Your preference might vary. Just my two cents :)

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What ya talking about? I've just got my 8X and I'm loving the beautiful big screen. I'm coming from a HTC touch 2... (LOL).

I find it easy to type, however I'm slower than a snail at the moment as I hadn't had many chances of sending texts so far.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was originally going to get the 8X, but changed my mind because of the screen. It looks beautiful, but I don't like the aspect ratio. If you are coming from a device with a 4.3" screen (the HD7, for example) it feels a little cramped - even though it's also a 4.3" inch screen. I just don't like the narrower, taller screen (think iPhone). Although you can see more content, it's noticeably smaller in my opinion. If this is the aspect ratio of the future, I would want something that is 4.7" at least, to compensate. HTC Titan III, anyone??? *crosses fingers*

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm used to the Galaxy Nexus which had a very wide screen, even though it's same resolution for some reason it's a different ratio...

Brandon619

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I went to the store and checked out the lumia 822 and didnt like the feel and weight... felt like and looked like a black brick not talking about weight just the look and feel of the sides etc... though a little off topic once i got my 8x no way i was gonna downgrade resolution display for some exclusive apps.. the 8x screen pure sexyness :)

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually went the opposite way because I felt that the screen on the 822 was too wide for me to use comfortably one-handed. I also felt that the 822 was too slippery in the hand, although it was much more solidly built than a lot of people would have you believe since it's a lower priced phone. So far I'm happy with my decision to switch to the 8X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3