HTC 8x unit 2 week 2 battery update

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Unit #2 week #2 battery drain update: Well after the conditioning period, with moderate usage, I am getting roughly 15-20hrs. The idle drain slowed way down after I removed Skype and I suspect that a charge could last for 24+ hours if the unit sat idle. Since the battery life dips quickly when using the phone I suspect the drainage is tied directly to powering the screen. But it has gotten moderately better.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
With moderate use I'm averaging probably 12 hours before hitting 20%. Obviously 'moderate use' is subjective - for me, checking emails, messing around with a few apps, texting throughout the day.This is on the weekend. On weekdays, my phone generally stays in airplane mode most of the day (no service in my office) and I hardly touch it. During that time (8 hrs) my battery will drop from 95% to about 80.

Right now I'm debating on whether or not I should try and exchange the phone (and go to best buy to get it for cheaper). Reports on battery on this forum vary so widely, with some reporting 24+hrs of use on a single charge. I have til Thursday to decide!

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What I did was went into Settings --> Background Tasks --> Advanced. There it lists tasks that run in the background that you might not be able to stop. Listed in here were some of the bloatware from Tmobile. I uninstalled them and battery life seems to be better. Could be in my head but the phone makes it through the day now with heavy usage.

ainkor

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased this phone on Friday and my first full day of use got me from about 8:00 am to about 8pm last night until the phone was freaking out about being on the charger.

Total use: about 3 hours talking, 50 or 60 texts, about 50 emails, some browsing & social media snooping plus I had my blue tooth headset on.

Seems right on par with my iPhone 5. Pretty please so far.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I get 15 to 20 hours on my 8X, I am in an area with bad coverage, in office only 2 bars in Edge or GSM. At home I have good 3G, but then I use my WiFi, which seems to be power hungry, so I get about the same as in my office. Acceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs