No flash for autofocus?

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

It's my 3th day with the 8X, the camera is amazing, but I see one problem... When I'm taking a photo in the night (every setting in automatic mode) the phone don't use the led light for autofocus, but just for taking the picture.

And I have 2 problems with that:

When it's too dark it can't focus, so I get blurry pics.

And when is not that dark and I'm taking portrait photos,the phone calculate the exposure, ISO, and other settings while it's doing the focus, but when it takes the picture everything is too white because of the flash...

Compact cameras uses a red light to get the focus right, and all the phones I had they used the LED also while doing the autofocus.

Is there a way to activate it in the 8X?

Or is someone having the same problem?

Thanks.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Go into your camera, then tap the 3 dots, go to photo settings. See if there is Focus Assist Light listed. That may be what your looking for. I have a 920, but trying to help.

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Go into your camera, then tap the 3 dots, go to photo settings. See if there is Focus Assist Light listed. That may be what your looking for. I have a 920, but trying to help.

That was the first thing I did, because I had the Lumia 800 and it had the AF Light.... but i found nothing in the settings :(

I will contact HTC Netherlands and ask about that... I hoop it's a bug, because the nightpics with Flash are very frustrating.

Anchelspain

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got any news or replies on this?
I'm having the same problem with pictures not properly focusing in low-light conditions. Sometimes after a few tries it WILL take a more than decent picture, so it's not like it cannot focus, it just won't always do it right!

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I contacted HTC Netherlands,

I asked if they know about this "bug", and if they have plans to implement it on future software updates.... And i said that others windows phone has this function...

, and they answer is:

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing problems when taking photos in low light conditions.

We have another camera application than other manufactures, we're proud of our wide angle lens, and we have extra functions in our camera application.

You may miss some functions, but you can try apps from the Windows Store, maybe they have the functions that you're missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3