My 8X went through washing machine today

cst516

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Well I have not had this happen in years but my wife ran my 8x through the wash cycle this morning. I will be trying to dry it out for the next couple of days, strangely enough the vibrator has been running non stop since it came out of the wash. My wife says it was a good thing I still had my iPhone to go back to.....ugh. Just ordered the wireless charger last night. Should have seen it coming when she washed my Jay-Bird wireless headphones last month, those came out unscathed though. Those things are awesome. Fingers crossed for my 8x also.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Stick it in rice, it will help it dry out faster. Also, turn it off and don't turn it on until you think it's all dry.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I was really hoping that you had a story about how nothing was broken and it was a beastly tank that could survive the bowls of any washing machine. I've never really understood why flashdrives are washing machine proof but cellphones aren't... I guess it's that pesky screen.

MarkAllett

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never really understood why flashdrives are washing machine proof but cellphones aren't... I guess it's that pesky screen.
Really? You don't think it might be something to do with the phone having a battery in it and for those electronics to be powered on whilst being swilled about in hot water?

Last edited:

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine in the toilet! It turned on normally for a few, then it would only boot to a white screen with serial numbers, meid numbers, etc.. After waiting a while it would boot again but the screen was being overtaken by a "wet blob", I stuck it in rice and its been there for probably 5 days now (luckily my preorder from verizon had arrived and i've been using the backup 8x I was going to send back since) I don't know if I even want to use the other phone, it literally smells like crap in the speaker holes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon