XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1. bkleinschmidt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hey Guys,

    Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

    What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

    Thoughts?
  2. znender's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I get a similar issue with my Bose QC 15 headset. I can change the track by double pressing the change button but the volume button doesn't work.
  3. -Scienide-'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I'd also like to know if there are any headphones that support the volume. It does my head in having to reach for the phones volume rocker all the time.
    Last edited by -Scienide-; 11-27-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
  4. philxor's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I haven't tried headphones but it's the same in my car, the volume on the radio doesn't control the volume on the phone which is very strange. I have to change the volume on the phone....
  5. ryan.kruger's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Is it plugged in through the AUX port?
  6. bkleinschmidt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    I have tried my new Klipsch S4A II and only start/stop work, no volume or track change and this happens with my bose AE2 headphones too. Both are plugged into the headphone jack.
  7. bkleinschmidt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    CORRECTION - Next track works on both headphones but no volume.
  8. Wirelez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)
    Last edited by Wirelez; 11-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.
  9. morpheus1982's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelez View Post
    Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)
    Do the HTC RC E240's activate the Beats Audio? The website says it doesn't...
  10. chicubs1908's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkleinschmidt View Post
    Hey Guys,

    Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

    What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

    Thoughts?
    Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

    Long Press = Voice Command
    Short Press = Play/Pause
    Double Click = Next Track
    berty6294 likes this.
  11. Wirelez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Do the HTC RC E240's activate the Beats Audio? The website says it doesn't...
    I think they do, because I read that the phone is allowing every headphones to use Beats Audio...
  12. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicubs1908 View Post
    Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

    Long Press = Voice Command
    Short Press = Play/Pause
    Double Click = Next Track
    I love you! I didn't know this!

    That aside, my beats solo HD sound incredible with the beats audio!
    chicubs1908 likes this.
  13. Assassin2k's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid 5 for them
    jaredtraum likes this.
  14. rantanplan1980's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Every headphone activates beats audio. I use AKG 450 and although they do not have controls or mic they activate beats audio.
  15. Shodan_HR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    my network operater gave us beats by dr.dre (monster), :D HTC Windows Phone 8X
  16. chicubs1908's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I love you! I didn't know this!

    That aside, my beats solo HD sound incredible with the beats audio!
    Haha, no problem. Don't use Beats headphones though
  17. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Why?? They sound great!

    Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)
  18. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Why?? They sound great!

    Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)
    What model do you have?
  19. TruPlaya187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin2k View Post
    I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid 5 for them
    LOL Thanks for that tip!!!! I have those pairs but didn't know that the 2/3 press was for that!
  20. JAMES JIRON's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    I use the v-moda bassfreq metal. they sound great and have phone answer/end button on the cord.
  21. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    My HTC RC E190 should arrive today...will let you know.
  22. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    My E190s work great.
  23. geluadi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    i use my Monsters by Nokia in-ear and everything is ok...i have all the controll on phone and on audio....also is activating the beats audio profile....
  24. afripino's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    I use the headphones that came with my HTC Trophy when I want wired headphones (HTC RC160)....


    ...and these for Bluetooth (Sony DR-BT101)
  25. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    What model do you have?
    Solo HD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Headphone with mic recommendations for Nokia Lumia 920?
    By rider2040 in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 02:05 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 03:53 AM
  3. Sounds like many issues with HTC 8X
    By strokee in forum HTC 8X
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 01:42 AM
  5. HTC 8x & 8s bands NOT compatible with T-Mobile
    By vp710 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows Phones
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions