HTC 8X Headphones with Mic Recommendation?

bkleinschmidt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

Thoughts?

znender

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I get a similar issue with my Bose QC 15 headset. I can change the track by double pressing the change button but the volume button doesn't work.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like to know if there are any headphones that support the volume. It does my head in having to reach for the phones volume rocker all the time.

Last edited:

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried headphones but it's the same in my car, the volume on the radio doesn't control the volume on the phone which is very strange. I have to change the volume on the phone....

bkleinschmidt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have tried my new Klipsch S4A II and only start/stop work, no volume or track change and this happens with my bose AE2 headphones too. Both are plugged into the headphone jack.

Wirelez

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)

Last edited:

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)

Do the HTC RC E240's activate the Beats Audio? The website says it doesn't...

chicubs1908

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

Thoughts?

Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

Long Press = Voice Command
Short Press = Play/Pause
Double Click = Next Track

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

Long Press = Voice Command
Short Press = Play/Pause
Double Click = Next Track

I love you! I didn't know this!

That aside, my beats solo HD sound incredible with the beats audio!

Assassin2k

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid ?5 for them

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Why?? They sound great!

Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Why?? They sound great!

Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)

What model do you have?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid ?5 for them

LOL Thanks for that tip!!!! I have those pairs but didn't know that the 2/3 press was for that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3