Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Hey Guys,

Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

Thoughts?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I get a similar issue with my Bose QC 15 headset. I can change the track by double pressing the change button but the volume button doesn't work.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'd also like to know if there are any headphones that support the volume. It does my head in having to reach for the phones volume rocker all the time.
    Last edited by -Scienide-; 11-27-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!

I haven't tried headphones but it's the same in my car, the volume on the radio doesn't control the volume on the phone which is very strange. I have to change the volume on the phone....

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    Is it plugged in through the AUX port?

I have tried my new Klipsch S4A II and only start/stop work, no volume or track change and this happens with my bose AE2 headphones too. Both are plugged into the headphone jack.

CORRECTION - Next track works on both headphones but no volume.

Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)
    Last edited by Wirelez; 11-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirelez View Post
    Search for HTC RC E190 or HTC RC E240 (both in-ear, I own the 240s and I find them very decent), volume controls are working with my WP7, so they should do that on WP8, too. Also tried my friends urbeats by dr. dre (from the sensation) and they were working, too, though the "volume controls" were skip and back buttons.... So I'm not sure about them ;)
    Do the HTC RC E240's activate the Beats Audio? The website says it doesn't...
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkleinschmidt View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just picked up an HTC 8X and I can't seem to find any Klipsch or any other headsets that work for volume/track changing. I just bought the Klipsch S4A II which are designed for Android devices and the remote built in just starts/stops the track.

What am I missing? Most headphones with mics are designed for Apple so finding something that is compatible with this HTC is proving difficult.

Thoughts?
    Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

Long Press = Voice Command
    Short Press = Play/Pause
    Double Click = Next Track
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Do the HTC RC E240's activate the Beats Audio? The website says it doesn't...
    I think they do, because I read that the phone is allowing every headphones to use Beats Audio...
    Quote Originally Posted by chicubs1908 View Post
    Actually, I am using the 8x with the Image S4A (II) and there is slightly more functionality.

Long Press = Voice Command
    Short Press = Play/Pause
    Double Click = Next Track
    I love you! I didn't know this!

That aside, my beats solo HD sound incredible with the beats audio!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    chicubs1908 likes this.

I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid 5 for them
    Thanked by:
    Every headphone activates beats audio. I use AKG 450 and although they do not have controls or mic they activate beats audio.

my network operater gave us beats by dr.dre (monster), :D HTC Windows Phone 8X

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I love you! I didn't know this!

That aside, my beats solo HD sound incredible with the beats audio!
    Haha, no problem. Don't use Beats headphones though
    Why?? They sound great!

Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Why?? They sound great!

Don't get me wrong, i know there's plenty of better headphones on the market but I bought these cause they sound great, look great, fold up nicely, and have a very sturdy build! AND its detachable cable running from it! (cant tell you how many times i've broken those and had to get rid of perfectly good headphones)
    What model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin2k View Post
    I have the HTC RC E190 headset and It works with my 8X +/- adjusts volume and on the middle one press is play/pause/answer call , two presses is next track and three presses is previous track also the headset activates beats when plugged in quality is quite good considering I only paid 5 for them
    LOL Thanks for that tip!!!! I have those pairs but didn't know that the 2/3 press was for that!

I use the v-moda bassfreq metal. they sound great and have phone answer/end button on the cord.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    My HTC RC E190 should arrive today...will let you know.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    My E190s work great.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    i use my Monsters by Nokia in-ear and everything is ok...i have all the controll on phone and on audio....also is activating the beats audio profile....

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I use the headphones that came with my HTC Trophy when I want wired headphones (HTC RC160)....

...and these for Bluetooth (Sony DR-BT101)
    What model do you have?
    Solo HD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast