11-27-2012, 04:26 AM #1
- 7 Posts
Dear 8X users,
After I tried to extend my battery life with many ways, this is what i would recommend and what I think helped me the most.
1. Turn off NFC
2. Screen to Medium
3. When your battery is charged to the point of the green light, unplug the charger, turn off your phone
And turn it on again. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the green light to appear (5,10 minutes)
- I tried step 3, it was about midnight at 100%, in the morning (10am) it was at 88% and now, with heavy use
(11:30am) it about 76%...
This is an image of my battery life:
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM #4
- 313 Posts
I found similar results in rebooting the phone after it was fully charged which I reported in some of the battery threads. After a couple weeks however I find I don't really have to do that anymore, the phone is keeping a pretty good charge without going through that ritual. Generally it can go about 24 hours between charges with moderate use, which is still imho not great for a phone mainly in standby, but is better than it was.
I think there are background tasks which get stuck running and that's why rebooting the phone helps the battery life. I generally always run my phone with the brightness set to low, but I have found some instances where the automatic setting will lower the screen brightness even lower in low light.
- By ken800 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 25Last Post: 12-29-2012, 07:49 AM
- By thefrooog in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 128Last Post: 12-15-2012, 02:09 AM
- By -Scienide- in forum HTC 8XReplies: 21Last Post: 11-19-2012, 11:42 AM
- By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
- By foosball in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 75Last Post: 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM