Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

With some regret I returned my HTC 8X to phones4u today as it wouldn't update/download apps over 3G, (among other things)

When they agreed the refund, I did a factory reset on the phone, however on reboot it went to a couple of gears running, (I had about 1Gb of data (mainly apps) on it) after a couple of mins the gears were still there, so I forced the phone to shut down so I could see if it asked to set up on restart, which it did. However I am now wondering if it was deleting was still going on and I had interrupted the process? I am sure some people here have had to do factory resets so are they fairly quick or do you have to wait for a while?

thanks

Yeah, it shows the gears and can take several minutes. If it started setup you should be fine though.

thanks for that, I'll change passwords etc (probably would of anyway) I have deleted the phone from windowsphone.com as well so it can't connect without a reset anyway. It is going back to phones4u so I presume they would reset it anyway, I am annoyed with myself that I didn't wait a bit longer, I had been about an hour already getting it sorted and was running out of parking time.