8X and Ghost Armor

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this guy: Ghost Armor | HTC Windows Phone 8X

I got the full body which includes screen protector and matte back cover. Has anyone installed this yet? I'm just a little curious as to the back piece and how it will work with the soft touch coating...Also the sticker on the back of the VZW 8x and whether that will show through.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i have been reading about the pros and cons of all of these "shields". still don't know which one to pick. Although zagg seems to be the worst of the bunch

They make some really great premium shields for the apple products, if only we could be so lucky.

JPY300

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the ghost armor on the screen its great. Covers the whole screen. Didn't get the back matte covet since its already soft touch coated

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the ghost armor on the screen its great. Covers the whole screen. Didn't get the back matte covet since its already soft touch coated
Glad to hear the screen protector is good..i ordered the full body so ill let you know when i receive it. Did you do the install yourself? Any tips?

For anyone looking to purchase...coupon codes ga4life and 20090325 worked for me to get a nice little discount.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the 20090325 code. just ordered screen only.

i have a feeling the back is just going to stick poorly and catch lint in the pocket.

back covers are pretty cheap to replace anyway when it wears out. rather spend $30 toward a new housing than $15 for a matte cover :(

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

i can almost guarantee the soft touch paint is going to start wearing off in a few months, if not sooner ;)

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've used Ghost Armor on my previous 2 phones and it works nice. However, the back/side covers tend to peel and it is a wet install that takes about a day to settle.

For my 8X I bought the Zagg shield directly from T-Mobile since I didn't want to wait. It's a dry install and it's less "rubbery" than the clear body shield from Ghost Armor. Dry install can be a pain because once it's on that's it. With a wet install you at least can adjust. Anyway, if you go Ghost Armor usually stick with the carbon fiber style wraps since they are much more durable than the clear ones.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit disappointing to hear that the zagg shield has a better field than the ghost armor. I found the zagg to feel pretty grabby when i used it on my previous device. The orange peel is horrible on the zagg.

I did read that their "HD" line is much much better than the regular invisible shields, but I didn't see one available for the 8x yet.

If you're looking for carbon fiber look, you may as well go with 3m dinoc vinyl. it should accept the curves of the phone nicely with a heat gun or blow dryer. they have brushed metal vinyls as well which look pretty realistic.

I've used Ghost Armor on my previous 2 phones and it works nice. However, the back/side covers tend to peel and it is a wet install that takes about a day to settle.

For my 8X I bought the Zagg shield directly from T-Mobile since I didn't want to wait. It's a dry install and it's less "rubbery" than the clear body shield from Ghost Armor. Dry install can be a pain because once it's on that's it. With a wet install you at least can adjust. Anyway, if you go Ghost Armor usually stick with the carbon fiber style wraps since they are much more durable than the clear ones.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit disappointing to hear that the zagg shield has a better field than the ghost armor. I found the zagg to feel pretty grabby when i used it on my previous device. The orange peel is horrible on the zagg.

I did read that their "HD" line is much much better than the regular invisible shields, but I didn't see one available for the 8x yet.

If you're looking for carbon fiber look, you may as well go with 3m dinoc vinyl. it should accept the curves of the phone nicely with a heat gun or blow dryer. they have brushed metal vinyls as well which look pretty realistic.

Ya, my friends and I use a lot of the 3M stuff to wrap our cars. We are heavy into modding...lol

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Installation was stupid easy. It wraps around until just shy of the buttons.. I'll get pics all around.

BTW you cannot see the armor from the front

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
if you have vzw what did you do about the sticker on the back?

nvm: just saw you have tmobile. Do you think the protector is thin enough that the sticker would show through?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
pics and impressions of the front cover please?

how is it in comparison to the bare glass in terms of feel (gliding your finger), sensitivity, clarity, and orange peel?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs