Set ringtone as sms?

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So in Ringtones+Sounds, you click on "Get More" and at the very bottom it says how to set a custom ringtone for texts.

It says to tap and hold and select "Set as Ringtone" - Where do I do this?

When I click on New Text or IM, the only ones listed are the default sounds. When I click on the regular calling ringtone, all the ringtone's I've copied over are showing up.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't say that, it says " To add a ringtone from a text message (one that someone texted to you)
temporary-4.png

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I mis-read it. So you can set custom text message only from sounds people text you? that seem's pretty silly, doesn't it?

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup another missing option I love how they market that one make a sound a ringtone lame I could do that 5 years ago. So many things to give up for my windows phone seems worth it now. I just hope they can add a few more options and features in the future.

rmperkins63

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree. This function needs to be added through an update. It is lame that I cannot add a custom sound for text messages from my custom ringtones.

Pasta Prime

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I guess that answers that. I was trying to set a custom SMS tone forever. Can't believe this isn't an option! Its such a basic thing for every other phone. **** even on mu PC I can set custom sounds for pretty much anything. Fail MS!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It wouldnt be a huge problem normally - but when youve got multiple people in the vicinity with windows phones you all have to sit down and work out whos having what tone for texts and what tone for emails. Doesnt take long before one of you has the same text tone as someones email tone :unhappy:

Definitely need more options and or ability to set custom tones

Bpbje

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Graham King: Did you manage to fix this on a Samsung? I've got AtivS, and have'nt found this option yet - wanna give me a tip...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss