Storage bug?

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It says I have 6.42 GB used, which is correct (1.80 GB music + 1,16 GB apps + 1.06 GB other + 2.40 GB system). But why out of 14.56GB and not 16GB?
And what on earth is the 1.06 GB other? I want to erase this crap "other"...

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my storage?

Wirelez

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
16.000.000 bytes are ~15,26 GB, it is normal that the real capacity is different from the capacity written on the retail package, but 14,56 GB seem a little small, tho... But I don't think that there is anything wrong with your storage ;) maybe it's the recovery partition or something like that.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Asked phone support on twitter about the 'other' category:

@WinPhoneSupport: It would be anything that isn't music, photos, apps or system memory like Office docs or emails. ^EB

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Asked phone support on twitter about the 'other' category:

@WinPhoneSupport: It would be anything that isn't music, photos, apps or system memory like Office docs or emails. ^EB
Thanks. I am going to hard reset my phone soon... I hope "other" will go back to 0...

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Its cached for apps and games, emails, temp internet files/cookies, etc. It will go up and down based on your apps and actual free space. If you have a large amount open, it will be larger, but as your installed apps or saved media gets larger it will free up as necessary.

Siggystyle

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have reset my 8X twice now and it seems that every time I get it set up (with all apps reinstalled) my "other" data goes over 5GB - and this is within moments of having all my apps reinstalled... We are talking practically NO usage as of yet - as in opening apps, browsing Internet, no caching, no photos/videos/music, no social sites/apps used, or even logged in and updated... This is kind of ridiculous as 5GB+ is over a 3rd of my "usable" capacity which SEVERELY limits my typical activity/usage coming from WP7, where all my installed apps music and other settings had much room to spare... I had hopes that Portico would help resolve some of this "phantom" data, but to no avail... Has anyone had any further luck in figuring out where/how this "other" data is occupying our devices??? It has my phone at less than 400MB available and limits EVERYTHING that I do...

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Strange... With my phone I have 3.18Gb other, but those are maps. Do you have a Verizon phone with Verizon Navigation? Or Navigon?
Well, no. I'm from Europe -Orange Customer. I don't know what really is in Other Files but as far as I know it is for caches or something. It goes up and down depending on my space. However it would've been nicer if I had the option to see what's inside (or even delete).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb