Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Well, I am now running into my first problem with the 8x - well, maybe more of a minor annoyance, but one with battery draining implication if not caught. Sometimes, when I hit the power button to kill the screen, the phone will start cycling between the lock screen and the turning the screen off. It will just go off, lock screen, off, lock screen, over and over again. What I normally have to do to stop it is to unlock the phone, and then double press the power button to get it to lock and keep the lock screen off.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix this? If no idea, where is the best place to report the problem?

I am thinking the problem has something to do with either the super sensitive capacitive buttons or the proximity sensor. Just a guess though.

Unfortunately, mine just started doing that today. I am beginning online research to figure out the problem, but I have no fix yet.

Did you guys got the Portico update yet? Just asking to see if this would be a new bug within that update.

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Did you guys got the Portico update yet? Just asking to see if this would be a new bug within that update.
    Its hasnt been announced yet
    Try this. Push power. Unlock. Reboot.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    Try this. Push power. Unlock. Reboot.
    It isn't something that happens until you reboot the phone, it seems fairly random. Rebooting doesn't cure it either. Its an odd issue.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I've been getting this often even after the update, I don't recall it being there before the update?, I'm not sure how to resolve it. It usually sorts itself.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

This happens occasionally on my HTC Trophy. Maybe it's a hardware/firmware thing with HTC.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    My HTC 8x is doing the same thing. Not all the time. But it's so annoying when it happens. I don't know what I do to make it stop....i open apps, go to different screens, etc. Eventually it stops....usually. Last night it went on and on all night until just now when I got annoyed and looked it up again to try and find a solution.

I'm also getting this issue on my 8X.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    mine just started doing this, it seems to coinicide with the "sim card error" that i just started getting after 3-4 months.

Have any of you tried playing with the 'Attentive Phone' settings to see if those have an effect? Or the settings that allow the camera button to wake the device?