Lock screen keeps turning on - Verizon HTC 8x

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am now running into my first problem with the 8x - well, maybe more of a minor annoyance, but one with battery draining implication if not caught. Sometimes, when I hit the power button to kill the screen, the phone will start cycling between the lock screen and the turning the screen off. It will just go off, lock screen, off, lock screen, over and over again. What I normally have to do to stop it is to unlock the phone, and then double press the power button to get it to lock and keep the lock screen off.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix this? If no idea, where is the best place to report the problem?

I am thinking the problem has something to do with either the super sensitive capacitive buttons or the proximity sensor. Just a guess though.

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting this often even after the update, I don't recall it being there before the update?, I'm not sure how to resolve it. It usually sorts itself.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

frett

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My HTC 8x is doing the same thing. Not all the time. But it's so annoying when it happens. I don't know what I do to make it stop....i open apps, go to different screens, etc. Eventually it stops....usually. Last night it went on and on all night until just now when I got annoyed and looked it up again to try and find a solution.

waraukaeru

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you tried playing with the 'Attentive Phone' settings to see if those have an effect? Or the settings that allow the camera button to wake the device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99