Another battery issue...

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My concern is because i charge my HTC 8X to 100% and go to sleep.
When i wake up after 7 h of sleep every day the without using the phone.. i wake up and see that it's on 80% battery life?
Is this normal? No apps are running in the background or anything. I have disabled most of the things i don't use like tap and send etc.

Is it normal to have 80% battery life when i wake up and 6-7 h not using the phone?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When i wake up after 7 h of sleep every day the without using the phone.. i wake up and see that it's on 80% battery life?
Is this normal? No apps are running in the background or anything. I have disabled most of the things i don't use like tap and send etc.

Is it normal to have 80% battery life when i wake up and 6-7 h not using the phone?

Just a suggestion but put your phone in flight mode overnight. It does tend to help a lot as it stops it searching for mails, status updates etc.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

This is exactly the main reason why I am hesitant to jump from my GS3 to a WP8 phone. That is absolutely unacceptable standby battery life. On my rooted GS3 I will only lose 2-4% at the most during a full night of sleep. My GF's GS3 isn't rooted and it still is very low overnight, probably about 5-6%.

I really am liking the looks of WP8 and had a blast playing with an 8X in a Microsoft store. I actually would love to jump over, but I don't want to go backwards on battery life. I already had way too many Android phones where I was constantly charging and worrying about battery life.

So, is it really this bad?

Robert Nowak

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have to charge my phone once a day, which seems like a lot given how little I use it. It does seem that the standby time is weak, as my battery also drops in a big way overnight. I don't think I should have to put it into flight mode because I'm sleeping. Other smartphones (I base this on my girlfriends iphone) seem to be able to go 2/3 days generally, with about the same level of usage. So I'm also curious to figure out how to get a better battery life

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Im losing a good bit of battery overnight too that and the lack of apps I have 5 more days till I can exchange this phone for another

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I put my phone through the battery test today. It was 100% at 8AM, and at 11PM, I'm at 35% without a single charge and it says it has about 9 hours left to go. A co-worker of mine has the 920 and he said after he turned off "tap + send" (NFC), his battery started to last longer. I did that this morning. So, I suggest you do the same test with both NFC and Bluetooth off and I would bet you will get better battery usage.

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Now it's at 28% but it says 3hrs remaining. I guess some things needs to be worked out in that area. But, that would be 15+ hours and I had WiiFi on for the past 5 hours so it might have gotten more out of it if I had that off.

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have all that turned off and location and nothing is syncing email wise so Im gonna let her sit tonight and see what my battery is at when I wake up at 8am tomorrow morning.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Before I go to bed, I turn off the phone, wait a minute, then put it on the charger. The phone restarts, helping to clean it out. Also, restarting shuts down any background apps running. In the morning, it's always at 100%.

JimboJones2268

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an idle drain issue with the 8X. When I had mine, I would lose around 15% overnight, on my Android, I lose about 2-3%. I suspect HTC and Microsoft are aware of this issue and it will be interesting to see how quickly an update comes.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I usually charge mine at night as well, but mine is on about 99% when I get up in the morning. I think the problem I am having is the fluctuations of the battery meter in Battery Saver Menu, (e.g. sometimes it will say I have a couple of hours left, other times it will say I have about 12-15 hours to go.) Of course this depends on how much battery is left.

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Left her off the charger went to bed at 12am woke up at 8am went from 100 to 87 % Ill try it with airplane mode on tonight. I dont really mind ok battery life but idle drain sucks big time

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There is a major problem with the HTC 8X Idle battery life and people from Microsoft and HTC should work and fix it ASAP if they want to have happy customers. Otherwise we'll go for the Android and iOS.... It's that simple

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786