HTC 8X in limelight yellow

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone actually managed to purchase an HTC 8X in Limelight yellow in the UK? I know it's exclusive to Phones4U but I've called several stores and been into several more and some of the staff didn't even know it was real and/or exclusive to them! This is despite the fact that all the in-store displays have the Limelight yellow 8x front and center.

There seems to be no stock anywhere and nobody knows when it might arrive. It's not listed on the Phones4U web storefront and when I called to ask about it, I was told that was because they're not stocking it - it's a shop exclusive only. So it's doubly exclusive and totally elusive.

I really want this colour after I got burned waiting for the arrival of the Lumia 920 which is now exclusive to EE and I'm not switching to any of those expensive price plans. I can wait a couple more weeks but surely, at least one Phones4U store must have it somewhere?!

Phones_Limited

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 8X in limelight yellow (UK)

Phones4U have now released the Limelight Yellow HTC 8X Windows phone but not directly through their website, they've launched it exclusively (for now!) through their other online retail outlet; Dialaphone - see: HTC 8X Yellow Deals - Best Contract Offers - Phones Limited
Currently available on Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone contract deals.
Expansys still have the handset as 'pre-order' for a SIM free phone.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC 8X in limelight yellow (UK)

When you say "released", do you mean that there is actual stock now, in a store somewhere?. I know it's not available via the web storefront so I'll have to do some more phoning around. It has to be on O2 for me so that rules out the contracts available on Phones Limited.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, I got a call back from a Phones4U store a few days ago. I upgraded today to an 8X in limelight yellow on o2. Very happy.

Not so happy about syncing options for WP8 on Windows XP but that's for another thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12