What's the difference between the network modes?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems like there is no clear difference between the three. I have a Verizon 8X and have had "Roaming Service" issues. I tried switching the network mode from global to LTE and CDMA. Then, after using HTC's Connection Setup, the "Roaming Service" seemed to stop. So, thinking it was safe to switch back to global mode, I got "Roaming Service" again. So I am back on LTE and CDMA. However, what is the difference between the two, and why does my network work better on one than the other? (I also tried using Connection Setup on global mode to no avail)

Edit: As soon as I started this thread, I realized that on LTE and CDMA I get "Roaming Service" again! This is super frustrating!!

Haxcid

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Global is just what it sounds like. Generally used outside the US. LTE is 4G network as a your primary data connection and CDMA is 3G data connection. I think there is some confusion here.

1. You should be set to LTE if you have Verizon 4G in your area. If not then CDMA is fine. The roaming issue most likely has to do with your call service and not your data service. I would recommend dropping by a Verizon Corporate store or calling their tech support (*611).

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing on my 8x on Verizon. Should I be on global mode or LTE and CDMA. They both seem to work but when I'm on LTE and CDMA there's an airplane in the top left corner when I restart the phone. What I have notice about the roaming mode is it seems to be on that when I'm on WiFi

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing on my 8x on Verizon. Should I be on global mode or LTE and CDMA. They both seem to work but when I'm on LTE and CDMA there's an airplane in the top left corner when I restart the phone. What I have notice about the roaming mode is it seems to be on that when I'm on WiFi

I leave mine on Global Mode after; after trying both modes, global seems to work better for me. And same, Roaming Network only shows up when in Wifi. Sometimes there are exceptions, but I assume it's because of where I live. However, when I am in an LTE area, I am getting great VZW reception.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Where are you using the phone. If it says roaming it is generally because you are picking up a roaming network. There are spots in the US that are domestic roaming (part of most modern plans but still show as roaming) or near the canada/mexico border. The coverage locator on vzw.com will tell you if your area is extended or not.

LTE and CDMA mean that you will use LTE then if that isnt available it will be CDMA (3g). Global means it will auto detect between global GSM and CDMA depending on where you are and what network you are picking up. If you dont leave the country, the global settting dosent do anything sicne it is for international GSM networks.

brian7791

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
hey i have a micro soft lumia 735 i keep my phone in global made and you are wrong my phone is a verizone phone but i also have at&t phone i use my at&t sim in my verizon phone all the time everbody says you cant do it bull **** my microsoft lumia 735 from verizon wireless will connect to any network any place any time oh i also have tmobile phone to its sim works in my verizon phone i have never left the u.s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers