File transfer (USB mass storage)

chopswood

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've spent ages trying to find the answer to this very very simple question:

If I plug an HTC 8X into a Windows 7 machine, will I see it pop up under "My Computer" as a separate device, so I can drag and drop files, video, music, documents, etc...

In particular, I'd like to be able to manually manage my music and drag and drop files to my phone this way. No syncing - I'm done with that. Then when it's on, I can use some form of app to manage my music, (hopefully songbird) and listen. No radio, No XBOX Muzak, No Pandora, No adverts! Just my own music that I'm happy to manage in separate folders if needs be.

I'm also interested in being able to do this via bluetooth transfer.

Please help, I've been looking without success. Everyone wants radio and streamed music, I just prefer my own tunes.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, when I plug it into my laptop with Windows 8, it comes out as a separate drive and I can copy music, documents, pictures and etc. Bluetooth transfer, however, is a different story - it is impossible to do it via bluetooth transfer (or at least I couldn't find a way to do anything via bluetooth). I tried to share my internet connection via bluetooth as on my previous phone but that wasn't possible. Sharing internet is possible only via WiFi...

chopswood

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies - So when you copy the files across - are they then all easily accessed through your apps? Or do you have to manually manage the folders (e.g. a MUSIC folder for your songs, VIDEO folder for video files, etc)

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The folders are docs/music/pics/ringtones/videos, you'll drag the appropriate files in to where you want to access them.

monchencet0

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that???When I plug my USB cable it opens a window that has the options to open my files and when i open it,she is just empty with no folders like Documents,Ringtones etc. Help me please,i can't add any ringtone,so i could change it .I tryed Zune softwere,i installed the program on my computer which is Windows XP but i can't sync with my phone which is HTC Windows 8s. The program repeats that there is no device connected... HELP PLEEEEEASE!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos