- 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM #1
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would share. I ordered a red 8X from Walmart Wireless today for $149 + $100 Walmart gift card. I already got a notice that it shipped.
BTW, the VZW rep I chatted with online tried to tell me that they sent all their rejects to third part retailers...yeah, whatever.
- 11-30-2012, 07:44 PM #3
I would love to do this but my 8x has been perfect. No reboots or screen issues or anything and I know my luck is if I return this one then I'm probably gonna pay for it one way or another
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
- 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM #4
What is the down side to buying outside of Verizon? It just amazes me that resellers can sell the same phone so much cheaper than Verizon. So, what should my concern be for purchasing from Walmart, there must be a downside, no?
- 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM #5
I did report the rep and Tweeted it to VZW, HTC, and Walmart.
According to Walmart's terms and conditions, it gets rewarded for helping them keep good customers and the volume they handle allows them to deeply discount phones. IF you cancel your service in less than 181 days, they can bill you for the discount. The only disadvantage that I can see is that you are not eligible (I believe) for Verizon equipment insurance.
- 12-02-2012, 12:32 PM #8
Looks like this deal is over. I bought one yesterday at $149 with the $100 card, and went to buy one today for the wife and its $99. Oh well, at $99 its still $100 cheaper than what I paid buying direct from Verizon. This will be 3 WP8 phones in my household, and a Merry Christmas for all!!
- By hopmedic in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 7Last Post: 06-09-2013, 03:19 PM
- By CamiKitti in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM
- By ZombieBacchus in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
- By Xtian80 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
- By Jake_M in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM