From HTC HD7 to the HTC 8X...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Hope u guys are doing fine. I am posting after a very long time here. Just as a disclaimer, this thread is NOT ABOUT WP8 bashing. I just want to discuss how different it was after almost a year.

In case you didn't know, I had the htc HD7 and today morning, I walked into the store to look for a tablet for myself. While looking through the phone section, I casually asked the store guy "heard of Windows Phone 8" the guy said, "one minute sir..." So I thought, another way to ignore a question, but to my surprise, he produces this...

2012_12_01_11_27_35_127.jpg

I was taken aback and pleasantly surprised with this...

So here are some first impressions, the phone is Supppeeerrrr light....I couldn't get around this fact for a long time.. It is brilliant hardware and I give it to HTC for that. Secondly, the over all OS. I will be very very honest here, it did feel a little, like a millisecond slow as compared to HD7. I used the HD7 for almost a year, so I still remember how it was. Very very snappy. Could the varied sizes of tiles be blamed? Was it because of the White BG? I am not complaining, but after such a long wait, I finally took the device in my hand and it was a little bit of triumph I felt. I would be going to another store of the same chain and see if they had it. Black was the only colour available. I played around for almost 5 minutes, before the battery died (as you can see in the pic).

So that's that.

Attachments

• 2012-12-01_11-27-35_127.jpg
    2012-12-01_11-27-35_127.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 9

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today from T-Mo. Blue. Its gorgeous!! Feels good so far, coming from a Radar. I'm adjusting to the bigger screen. Sound is not quite what I expected, but very good. Games are beautiful on the 720p HD display. I'm happy so far.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You musta had a super HD7 because I felt an increase in seed instantly from my previous HD7. Screen is great, battery life is amazing, HSPA+ is pushing over 10mb down and 7mb up, loading times cut in half and the OS is tweaked so slightly that's its familiar but important changes make it feel new. Never looking back.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You musta had a super HD7 because I felt an increase in seed instantly from my previous HD7. Screen is great, battery life is amazing, HSPA+ is pushing over 10mb down and 7mb up, loading times cut in half and the OS is tweaked so slightly that's its familiar but important changes make it feel new. Never looking back.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Strange. I did feel the very little lag when i hit home screen. Mind you, it is very slight. But it is. But I did like everything else. I will try it out elsewhere too. The time was too little, before the damn battery died.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Hope u guys are doing fine. I am posting after a very long time here. Just as a disclaimer, this thread is NOT ABOUT WP8 bashing. I just want to discuss how different it was after almost a year.

In case you didn't know, I had the htc HD7 and today morning, I walked into the store to look for a tablet for myself. While looking through the phone section, I casually asked the store guy "heard of Windows Phone 8" the guy said, "one minute sir..." So I thought, another way to ignore a question, but to my surprise, he produces this...

View attachment 23950

I was taken aback and pleasantly surprised with this...

So here are some first impressions, the phone is Supppeeerrrr light....I couldn't get around this fact for a long time.. It is brilliant hardware and I give it to HTC for that. Secondly, the over all OS. I will be very very honest here, it did feel a little, like a millisecond slow as compared to HD7. I used the HD7 for almost a year, so I still remember how it was. Very very snappy. Could the varied sizes of tiles be blamed? Was it because of the White BG? I am not complaining, but after such a long wait, I finally took the device in my hand and it was a little bit of triumph I felt. I would be going to another store of the same chain and see if they had it. Black was the only colour available. I played around for almost 5 minutes, before the battery died (as you can see in the pic).

So that's that.

haha, GET IT. Honestly, i'm jealous that India Telco went with Black. Down under Vodafone's going with cali blue . :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs