Facebook notification. please help

dwab38

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I love that from the lock screen I can see Facebook notifications, but I can't get rid of the Facebook icon in lock screen letting me known I have a notification on facebook. I went into Facebook and looked at all my notifications and looked at them all from me profile in the people tile, and I still can't get the Facebook icon off my lock screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Facebook notification on lockscreen -

settings/lockscreen

then select the facebook icon in the "Choose an app to show detailed status"

choose none - or something else

done.

baygacon

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have the same problem, it's an annoying bug with the app. It also seems that the live tile only reflects posts that you've made from the WP8 application :/

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That "quick fix" would remove FB from the lock screen. OP stated they liked having it there but the unread notifications not updating is the issue. I have the same problem with the live tile on my Start Screen. Even after viewing everything in the FB app AND restarting my phone it still shows the same number of unread notifications. It's annoying.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you left FB app. running in the background by any chance. After receiving notifications on the live tile & lockscreen I always exit the app. by hitting the back button after reading the new notifications & I don't have any problems with the tile & lockscreen clearing themselves.

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That worked for me, thanks. As an Android user I don't need to close out of my apps to clear new notifications. I'm used to being able to keep them running in background.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6