Wired Sound issues

d0men1k

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have extreme issues with the sound on my device. Sometimes all sounds are off... :( The only way to get it back working is to reboot the device...

It's sporadicly i can't reproduce this. Is there anyone else with this issue ?

Trtle8oy

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Bluetooth headphones. Turned out the headphones had the volume all the way up. When I lowered the volume on them it cleared the high pitch noises that played through. I use the Lumia to control volume instead.

Hope this helps!

baygacon

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
yes I have the same issue and it drives me insane. I'm not sure what causes it, I thought it was whatsapp because there's a weird audio API call from within the music app - when you resume a pause song it opens whatsapp but i'm not 100% sure.

I really hope this gets fixed and issues like this makes me wonder whether anyone at HTC/Microsoft tested Windows Phone 8 before it was released :/

Update: My phone has just been doing this, set to "ring and vibrate" yet no sounds as if it's silent. I just checked settings > ringtones and sounds and 'ringer' was set to off, even though the phone was set to ring and vibrate. I turned this on and sounds are working again! Looks like a bug!

Dakow#WP

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue. I'll be hammering out a text, realize I have no sound, and then reboot the phone. Very annoying. I also sometimes get a weird audio 'pop' when I unlock the phone.

obijuan23

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With mine it appears related to attentive phone. If I turn it over to decline a call, sometimes it seems to affect the sound after. Have to reboot to resolve.

d0men1k

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
With mine it appears related to attentive phone. If I turn it over to decline a call, sometimes it seems to affect the sound after. Have to reboot to resolve.

THAT IT! I turned all attentive phone options off yesterday! No problems since then! This Bug should be submitted to HTC / Microsoft ASAP, its so annoying :(

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I notice mine does this if I call an 800 number, and then select "1" to talk in English.

After I'm off the call, all of my alert sounds are distorted and laggy... That's the only way I've been able to reproduce it. Give it a shot.

*EDIT

Of course I imagine it being an issue just pressing a button while on a call... doesn't have to be an 800 number, necessarily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2