- 12-03-2012, 03:53 PM #1
- 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM #2
I agree with beachhoppr....just got mine today from another place in UK....great service on shipping to the US...
GENUINE HTC WINDOWS PHONE 8X WP8X HARD CASE COVER HC C810 BLUE NEW | eBay
Really helps in providing safety in case of an accidental drop and feels much better
12-04-2012, 09:33 AM #5
- 1,093 Posts
Guys, I am not one for a case on my phone, I've now the 8X from a Radar, and a case just takes so much away. I'm worried that the glass on the 8c extends past the poly though. I'm only in an 8X now cause I dropped my tank of a Radar and it just happened to fall flat face down on an asphalt pebble. Spider-webbed. T-Mo hooked me up tho. Does this piece give the glass that little bit of protection??
12-04-2012, 09:47 AM #6
- 205 Posts
IMO, this is the only case that preserves the overall design aesthetic (minus the soft touch coating) of the phone whilst providing all-round protection...the glass is another issue.
The dirty-ing soft touch coating was the reason I got the case in the first place.Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520
- 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM #7
I was one the first members here to have bought this case and I already posted on some topics that this case is one of the best I've seen/owned.
As morpheus said, it's the only one so far that preserves the looks of the phone while providing the much needed protection to lay the phone on any surface with worrying about scratches on the back. It doesn't protect the screen because it fits the phone borders so nicely that the screen is still prominent a few millimeters with it. For me, the important thing was to protect the back of the phone as I always take it out of my pocket and put it on every surface within reach.
Great buy. I will look forward for HTC to release it on other colors.
12-04-2012, 07:29 PM #11
- 1 Posts
- 12-05-2012, 08:03 AM #12
- 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM #13Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
- 02-02-2013, 03:58 PM #17
I got this one : Case-Mate Windows Phone 8x Tough Cases (Case-Mate HTC8X-TUF), HTC 8x Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate
Of course, if your phone is blue, it covers it almost completly. But I really like the fact that the shell is solid and I like the hold I have now, less scared to drop it. :)
- 02-02-2013, 06:28 PM #18
I'm running out of patience waiting for HTC to release other colors for the Doubleshot Hard Shell. I have it blue but I want a black to match my phone and perhaps a grey or limelight one :D
- 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM #19
This picture I hope, will give you an idea of the "bumpy" border to protect the screen :
The back, to let you see the texture that helps for the grip :
The bottom (the picture is so clear, you can see the dust... ;)
And the top.
As you will notice, my phone is blue but I don't mind, the case is so solid and it does not
add to the size or the weight that much. Also, it does not show that it's a two-piece case. :D
Hope it helps. :)
- 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM #20
Thanks for the pics. I like to have one tough case to put on when going out to outdoors or work in dusty/dirty places (I make structured wiring, mostly data and voice, from time to time). This makes a good choice for a tough case to have just in case it's needed.
- By snaqvi91 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
- By fradchad in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM
- By pdch in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2012, 10:45 AM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 9Last Post: 10-26-2011, 10:36 PM
- By itsall4tay in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM