Bluetooth ruined my 8X

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was in class and I wanted to use the tap 2 send feature with my friend's Galaxy Nexus. Tap 2 send told me I need to activate Bluetooth if I wanted it to work, so I did and it restarted. From then my phone keeps restarting every 10 seconds or so after the reboot and I tried everything to fix it. I even tried a hard reset but it said to try it later again.

The bluetooth is in between off and on and touching it does nothing (it blocked or something) so I cannot turn it off or on.

Should I change my 8X or what should I do? Please guide me. I've only had the phone for less than 2 weeks.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Sorry to read that! You're not loosing anything if you exchange it. Get anoter HTC 8X to see if the problem is still there. I would try with mine but nobody around me has the Tap to Send feature.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Sorry to read that! You're not loosing anything if you exchange it. Get anoter HTC 8X to see if the problem is still there. I would try with mine but nobody around me has the Tap to Send feature.
Thanks! I've already sent it. They said I will get it back within 15 days. I hope the bluetooth problem will be fixed.

You don't need someone to see if your phone has the bluetooth bug. Just turn your bluetooth on and pray to God it won't do like mine. Even if it does, you can repair it yourself, but the bluetooth feature cannot be used (so you need to get it fixed by some tech guys or someone with experience).

If you guys have an 8X and you can take the risk and check if your Bluetooth doesn't reboot your phone upon activating, please let me know! Thanks you!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For future reference the Tap and send will only work with other WP8 devices - wont work with android devices tried it with a GS2 and GS3 but works fine on a lumia 920

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually the tap and send feature will allow use with other phone OS's as long as it is not a file (pic,music,video) you can share links, playlists contacts ECT just not files, you can only transfer files between other WP8 phones at this time

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually the tap and send feature will allow use with other phone OS's as long as it is not a file (pic,music,video) you can share links, playlists contacts ECT just not files, you can only transfer files between other WP8 phones at this time

Didnt know that, thanks. Although with unlimited text messaging to send links and contacts kinda makes it a bit pointless until they open it up to other OS's

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I've already sent it. They said I will get it back within 15 days. I hope the bluetooth problem will be fixed.

You don't need someone to see if your phone has the bluetooth bug. Just turn your bluetooth on and pray to God it won't do like mine. Even if it does, you can repair it yourself, but the bluetooth feature cannot be used (so you need to get it fixed by some tech guys or someone with experience).

If you guys have an 8X and you can take the risk and check if your Bluetooth doesn't reboot your phone upon activating, please let me know! Thanks you!

Just tried it this morning I used Bluetooth in my girlfriend's car and I was able to listen to music, call and reply to some texts.

awinlb

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the EXACT same problem. After a week, I turned on Bluetooth and all of a sudden my phone just shut off and then started power cycling endlessly. I tried doing a factory reset but the phone was completely unresponsive. Also, the back cover was so hot I couldn't touch except on the sides. Ultimately the battery died but when I brought it to the Verizon store and they plugged it in it started doing the same thing over and over. They said there was nothing they could do to fix the phone. I ended up exchanging it for an iPhone 5. As much as I loved my Windows Phone and the interface, social integration etc I just couldn't risk being tethered to a phone/OS that is so new and buggy for the next two years of my contract. Maybe I'll come back when they release Windows Phone 9.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the EXACT same problem. After a week, I turned on Bluetooth and all of a sudden my phone just shut off and then started power cycling endlessly. I tried doing a factory reset but the phone was completely unresponsive. Also, the back cover was so hot I couldn't touch except on the sides. Ultimately the battery died but when I brought it to the Verizon store and they plugged it in it started doing the same thing over and over. They said there was nothing they could do to fix the phone. I ended up exchanging it for an iPhone 5. As much as I loved my Windows Phone and the interface, social integration etc I just couldn't risk being tethered to a phone/OS that is so new and buggy for the next two years of my contract. Maybe I'll come back when they release Windows Phone 9.
Wow... This is interesting. I hope they can fix mine. As far as I know+heard, the processor is making the device restart over and over again. It's been almost a week without my 8X. I'm starting to wonder wether they are fixing it or just collecting information on how to fix it. If they make me chose a different phone then I'd had to pick i4s/5 or One X as they only have Lumia 800 and 900 :(.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes