Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

My truck has bluetooth built in for music streaming and phone calls. When I connect my phone to my truck, the person I am talking to hears allot of noise/interference. On my I don't hear any interference, the call sounds clear. This just stated when I switch to my new 8x phone. When I had my Samsung Charge, there was never an issue with sound quality. The sound quality was good on both end. I don't understand how changing phones would have any bearing on this since the I am actually using the trucks built in speaker and mic.

When I stream music using my bluetooth, I don't have any issue's either.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    My old LG bluetooth earset is working fine with the 8X. The few phone calls I've made with it came out clear and I asked the other person's about the audio quality.
    Perhaps you were talking with the truck windows opened. Wind can cause poor audio quality when calling. I will look into this by trying to use my bluetooth earset more and see if the audio is still good on my end.

I made sure all the windows are closed and stuff like that. I may try to pair it up again with my car stereo.

I tested this out today. I unpaired my phone then paired it again with truck radio via bluetooth. I made a call from my home phone to my cell phone that was connected to my trucks radio. The background noise was really bad when I was listening from my house phone. It was silent in the garage so there was no background noise. I don't know what could be causing this. The truck was in the garage and wasn't even running when I tested it.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    My car also has bluetooth calling but I've never had anyone complain about the call quality, they've all said that they can hear me just fine.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Same here. People can't even tell that I'm on my car BT.
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

I wonder if it could be a defective phone? My music streams just fine though over bluetooth.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Sent from my HTC 8X using Board Express
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc View Post
    My truck has bluetooth built in for music streaming and phone calls. When I connect my phone to my truck, the person I am talking to hears allot of noise/interference. On my I don't hear any interference, the call sounds clear. This just stated when I switch to my new 8x phone. When I had my Samsung Charge, there was never an issue with sound quality. The sound quality was good on both end. I don't understand how changing phones would have any bearing on this since the I am actually using the trucks built in speaker and mic.

When I stream music using my bluetooth, I don't have any issue's either.

Any ideas?
    I don't have any ideas, but I will say I'm experiencing the same issue. The difference in my Focus from my old Android phone to the 8X is apparently significant, as everyone I talk to on the 8X comments on how loud the background noise is.

I tried my other vehicle's built in bluetooth and had the same issue. While on the call, if I mute the WP8, the static goes away. I'm on the phone now with Verizon tech support now. I'll let you know what we find out.

After talking to Verizon, they feel that it is a hardware issue. I took the phone back to Best Buy and they exchanged it no questions asked. On my way home, I called my wife via my truck bluetooth and she said that the static is gone. I want to try a few more calls to make sure, but it sounds like it was a hardware issue. If things would change, I'll post back. I just find it hard to believe that streaming audio was fine.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for reporting back. I may do an exchange as well.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The Bluetooth system in my FIAT connects really well, and the 8X delivers such a stunningly clear connection (sans static) that some callers think I've dropped because they don't hear any background hiss.

Bad news, the issue is still there. On my way to work my wife called and she could here the static again. :( Not sure what to do at this point.

After some thought, I remember that my wife said I sounded very loud over the bluetooth which got me thinking that maybe my car stereo bluetooth mic volume is up to high. I don't know if I can set the volume control for the mic, but I am going to go into the stereo bluetooth setup and see if there is a command to lower the volume. The mic volume being up to high could cause static/distortion.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I did a phone exchange for a different reason, and this phone has the same issue. Very loud background noise when I talk. Again, my Android phone (G2) did not have this issue.

maybe the problem is in the software and not the hardware.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    you could try working with htc tech directly, if its software then they would be in a better position to address it. Car bluetooth kits are very fussy so it could be something between that phones bluetooth version and that specific make/model car kit's firmware which is why nobody else using car kits sees the issue but youve had 3 phones that have it.

Since exchanging the phone didn't fix it, has to be software. I am going to call HTC to see what I can find out.

I sent HTC support an email on this issue and will see what they come up with. I will post back when I hear something.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm starting to think that either you're extremely unlucky (3 bad phones) or there is some sort of weird incompatibility between the phone and your specific vehicle's bluetooth system. I use the bluetooth in both my car and I have a standard bluetooth headset that I use to make calls and in both cases people either don't seem to notice that I'm on bluetooth or they actually report an increase in clarity over when I use my phone without bluetooth. Sorry you're having issues and hope that it gets fixed soon.

My call quality is better than my iPhone 4 according to people I normally talk to. One issue I have with all handsets in my car is turning the microphone level down, it defaults to high when I first pair a device and it ends up distorting my voice and amplifying background noise.

Here is the response I received from HTC support. It doesn't really help much. Number 1 I don't understand. Is it turning the volume down on the phone which wouldn't make a difference or have the receiving user turn down their end, which I've done, but you still get the static. Beats is always off and different speakers wouldn't make a difference. Am I reading something wrong?

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center in regards to having sound issues with your bluetooth during calls.

Lou; I understand this can be a great inconvenience. According to what you tell me, the problem has been only with this type of phone, since with Android phones you had before there was no problem. Please follow this troubleshooting steps to improve the quality of the calls:

1) Lower the volume on by pressing down on the volume key

2) Turn Beats Sound enhancement off

3) Try different speakers or headphones

Keep in mind the following aspects while using this phone with your car BT system:

1 )The HTC WP series has a built in amplifier that is more powerful than those found on any other current smartphone. In most circumstances this will provide a best in class listening experience.

2) Certain audio sources such as incoming calls, other music or sound files may playback at too loud of a level when volume is high.

3) Speakers or headphones paired with the HTC 8X may have a distorted or crackling volume if the maximum audio from the 8X outputs at a greater level then the maximum speaker playback. Lower the volume on the device or try other speakers.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem with Bluetooth in my 2012 Toyota 4Runner. Prior to the 8x, I had an iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy Nexus—both sounded flawless. This is really frustrating and possibly a deal-breaker.

EDIT: I tried the Nokia 822 for a few days, and it sounded great when paired to the Bluetooth in my vehicle.

I emailed tech support back and got this response. Not very promising, but we'll see.

Thanks for replying to HTC Technical Support Center.

Since this did not work to improve the quality of the call for the person receiving it, and you have already used other phones without any problems, the problem seems to be a bug on the operative system of your phone. We're committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work quickly to investigate this issue.

Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast