Disassembling your 8X

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who want to know how, and want to try it (since I have not myself but may know how to disassemble it), here's how:

1. Get a long fingernail.
2. Dig it really hard in between the matte casing and the screen top-center.
3. When casing and screen get separated, pull the screen out.

I came across this when I was cleaning the dirt out from between the crevices of the device. I used my fingernail, dug it really hard into the edge, and the screen moved! I kinda freaked out a bit and quickly took my nail out lol so I did not test #3, but if anyone is willing to try it out, I'm sure the fans of WPCentral and this forum would greatly appreciate it :grin:

xenomorph1030

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this when I first got it as well. I started doing it last night, but I ended up order a plastic removal tool since that seems like the proper tool for the job. I will definitely be taking it apart in hope I will find a microSD slot hiding, unless someone beats me to it

rosak81

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to take off the back cover but it seems like sticked on corners (left side, top and bottom). Is there an adhesive or snap? I found 5 snaps along the left side but the corners prevent me from opening it. Shall i just rip it off?
This case is very urgent for me as I'm fixing my friends phone.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa