12-04-2012, 05:12 PM #1
- 962 Posts
For those of you who want to know how, and want to try it (since I have not myself but may know how to disassemble it), here's how:
1. Get a long fingernail.
2. Dig it really hard in between the matte casing and the screen top-center.
3. When casing and screen get separated, pull the screen out.
I came across this when I was cleaning the dirt out from between the crevices of the device. I used my fingernail, dug it really hard into the edge, and the screen moved! I kinda freaked out a bit and quickly took my nail out lol so I did not test #3, but if anyone is willing to try it out, I'm sure the fans of WPCentral and this forum would greatly appreciate it
12-05-2012, 08:00 AM #3
- 13 Posts
I noticed this when I first got it as well. I started doing it last night, but I ended up order a plastic removal tool since that seems like the proper tool for the job. I will definitely be taking it apart in hope I will find a microSD slot hiding, unless someone beats me to it
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM #4
- 2 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to take off the back cover but it seems like sticked on corners (left side, top and bottom). Is there an adhesive or snap? I found 5 snaps along the left side but the corners prevent me from opening it. Shall i just rip it off?
This case is very urgent for me as I'm fixing my friends phone.
- By Duvi in forum HTC 8XReplies: 201Last Post: 10-15-2014, 11:07 AM
- By tofu. in forum HTC 8XReplies: 32Last Post: 07-13-2013, 04:24 PM
- By unity04 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 26Last Post: 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM