Powermat for Windows Phone 8X

olimicus

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Powermat from Duracell to charge my HTC Windows Phone 8X (I have VZW), however after plugging in the Powermat and placing the phone on it, it does not charge. I've checked the manual and the Powermat is Qi compliant so I'm not sure what the issue is. Is there a setting in the phone or a switch somewhere that needs to be enabled in order for this to work?

Thanks!

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Powermat did used to use a different standard than qi. However I believe that powermat has said they will join the group that is behind qi and start making qi devices.

As far as your specific issue, I am not aware of any sort of switch to activate charging, however it may be tied to the NFC chip? If you have NFC turned off, maybe try turning it on? Also I know that wireless charging can be finicky about alignment, which is one reason why the palm pre had magnets to align the phone, you might want to try just moving the device around on the mat.

Another thing you didn't mention is if you use a case, I know wireless charging should work though the case but certainly a thick enough case could case the phone to not charge.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, you want the Nokia charger. It's the only one that doesn't chirp when you place a phone on it, chirp when the phone is topped off, and chirps again when the battery drains a bit and recharging begins again (rinse, repeat). The Nokia makes no sounds and it subtle, silent and less than 1/2 the size of that massive pillow-looking powermat.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon 8x, and there is no switch, you don't need NFC enabled, and some cases should work (Verizon has one that states it is wireless charginng compatible here...I have it and it's very light weight, has a kickstand, and you can't tell there's a case on when not in the holster. I have pictures on this post.). I have the Nokia charging stand (got it at a Microsft store) and the 8x works on it flawlessly, case or no case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos