Verizon 8X Unlocked Add MMS/APN

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Verizon 8X to use on another carrier. Phone calls and the Internet work great, but SMS and MMS do not work. I'm having trouble putting in the APN MMS info in settings, it's not saving. Can anybody help me?

Todd Young1

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have an 8X on Verizon with a TMO sim. It won't let me save my Internet MMS APN settings when I enter them. I can recieve texts just fine. And, I am able to send texts when I enter the phone number from scratch rather than choose a contact to text from my contacts list. If I keep the window open after I enter the phone number I can send and recieve just fine. It's once I switch to another window that it goes back to not receiving texts. MMS doesn't work at all no matter what. I've tried all sorts of steps to mess with my contacts to see if I can remedy the situation thinking maybe the phone is confused with my imported contacts (mix of hotmail,gmail and facebook contacts). But I can't seem to get it to text from my contacts list.

Glenn Fegley

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to use my Verizon 8X on AT&T US. Same thing, won't save my MMS settings. Maybe they're not correct. Can someone please list the settings for AT&T US MMS. Thanks.

Paulo De Iudicibus

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Unlocked HTC/8x on VIVO. I have turned off the " international assist" option on Settings->Applications->Phone-> International Assist (off). SMS working great now.

I don't know if this helped also. But I entered all data on the mms apn configuration and saved it. I had to include wap parameters also so the little diskette that shows that the parameters can be saved lit up. Once I "saved it" the info disappeared..don't know if this was stored somewhere tough

Hope it helps

Thor0804

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the limited edition Verizon employee edition HTC 8X (unlocked I guess) and using a TMobile SIM and have many problems with sending and receiving texts and picture messages. It is also seemingly random as to who can and cannot receive texts from me. I have corrected the internet apn but I have been on support with TMobile and HTC and both are confused why I do not have the option to add or edit MMS APN on my phone. We have verified the OS version and the Firmware revision number. I tried turning off the international assist as mentioned and still can't send picture messages. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thor0804

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it is a firmware issue. I had this confirmed today from HTC. Too bad, I really like this phone. I will just have to wait for the next version on the TMobile network and hope the colors are better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)