Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Not sure if this is a device or OS issue. I'll crosspost on the WP8 forum.

If I enter a voice command "Call <contact> on speaker" my 8X totally loses its mind. The microphone stops working, which means callers can't hear me and voice command stops working. Even more weird, I can't call the number I called, either manually dialing or from the contact record. I can call other numbers, however. A reboot clears the problem.

Voice command to "Call <contact>" doesn't cause any issues (yet). It's the "on speaker" that seems to be causing the problem.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Is there a known fix?

Is there a channel for reporting bugs to Microsoft and/or HTC? I really don't want to go through Verizon.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I got the same result as you. definite bug.

my fav way to contact is using @winphonesupport on twitter, at least you get a response.

I've had this happen on T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon 8x models (I tried all 3 as I was in disbelief about this problem). Happens reliably on every one, and the only fix is a reboot.

Portico update did not fix this problem.
    Ain't that bout a b****. Didn't know it was a bug until I tried. Thx for the heads up.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just tried this on a Verizon 8x and sure enough just as you described. This is one crazy bug!

I've contacted both HTC and Microsoft and they are reportedly looking into it. Microsoft was able to replicate the issue on all their phones. There was a previous thread started on this subject as well.

Thanks for the update pvtpyle75. How did you contact Microsoft? As suggested above by user Coffee, I've been working with Microsoft via Twitter, but it's a bit challenging to do troubleshooting 142 characters at a time. Did Microsoft confirm the bug on models other than the HTC 8X?

Can you post the link to the other thread? I didn't find it when I searched before making my original post.

FYI - There is a probably related Bluetooth issue being reported at http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...issan-wp8.html.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDavis666 View Post
    Thanks for the update pvtpyle75. How did you contact Microsoft? As suggested above by user Coffee, I've been working with Microsoft via Twitter, but it's a bit challenging to do troubleshooting 142 characters at a time. Did Microsoft confirm the bug on models other than the HTC 8X?

Can you post the link to the other thread? I didn't find it when I searched before making my original post.
    Here is a link to the other discussion

http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/211992-speaker-mic-disabled-voice-control-problem.html

I also sent you a PM