Terrible camera phone

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think the camera on this phone is terrible?

I have taken a few hundred photographs an I would say about 10-20 are actually in focus. Indoors the colour temp is way off either making people look like members of The Simpsons or The Smurfs.

When taking a photo its always hunting to find focus it. Will find it but the instantly start trying to focus again.

My Samsung Omnia 7 was way better at taking photos.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
The 8X has a decent camera, not stellar but decent. This may sound odd but have you cleaned the lens? I had a little smudge on mine and it softened the images and created a haze on several of my photos.

Good luck with it.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine is great. Took amazing pics at a reunion over the weekend. I have a rezound and the indoor pics on it are not as good as the 8x either

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The Titan 2's camera was pretty good and I expect the 8x is even better. Its true that even the smallest smudge on the lens will make a difference too.

epsilon212

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had trouble too, until I realized that it really does not know where to focus. You have to touch the portion of the screen where you want to lock focus, then it will work on focusing and take a picture. Once I realized this, my pictures were taken in focus.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8X and I found that you leave it on default 6mp, face dtection off (reduces multiple focuses/tweaking is needed),sharpness "higher", exposure "lower", contrast "lower", and the rest default...it took better pics

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8X and I found that you leave it on default 6mp, face dtection off (reduces multiple focuses/tweaking is needed),sharpness "higher", exposure "lower", contrast "lower", and the rest default...it took better pics

Great advice!!!! Just tried it and one thing for sure is that turning face detection off makes it better. I will go outside soon and try with all the settings that you mention.

Thanks again!

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Took some indoor shots with my 8x over the Christmas and the quality of the photos were absolutely terrible. All the settings were on auto. My old desire hd takes better shots and the daughters iPhone 5 totally blew it away. To say I was disappointed is an understatement��

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea. Even on the Lumia 8xx's. Weird because I think the HTC 8x has the same camera tech that's in the HTC one x and one s yet those cameras seem to be better performing.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Nobody seems happy with their cameras. The 920 has a dreadful "blurry" problem, and most reviewers on launch ranked the 8X's camera better.

But some 8X owners seem to think it sucks.

Can't win, I s'pose. :winktongue:

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree that some time colors are off, however the auto fix usually corrects that. Obviously not the ideal solution, but it works. However most of the time for me photos come out great here are some I have taken WP Photos - Imgur

dsirico

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I had trouble too, until I realized that it really does not know where to focus. You have to touch the portion of the screen where you want to lock focus, then it will work on focusing and take a picture. Once I realized this, my pictures were taken in focus.

You just changed my world, THANK YOU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3