Weird cracking sound from speaker when phone rings

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if the update being released tomorrow for the T-Mobile 8X is supposed to fix this? I'll still try turning both of those on after updating to see if it did work, but I was just curious if that was mentioned.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I posted about the same thing, but no one answered...lol. mine only happens when I hit answer...sounds like a needle scratching a record.

This is the same problem I am having, but hasn't gotten any worse. I have all the attentive phone and beats audio options turned off and I figure I'll just live with it for now.

frankiect

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Given the fact that there are o lot of people experiencing this, it's a kernel issue for sure. If the front speaker was damaged, we wouldn't have cristal clear conversations after answering. I wrote this issue to HTC Romania and I'm waiting for an answer. I would ask each and every one of you to do this, it increases our chances of this issue being fixed. You can communicate to HTC via Facebook, they have a Facebook page for every country.

Sav_OK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
also happening to mine, i tend to notice it more if i press the volume buttton to mute the ringing sound. had a beats update yesterday but hasnt solved issue

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I get this when it does a short vibrate, so when i push any of the three capacitive bittons, you hear it when its quiet, does it about 80% to 90% of the time i use these buttons.

Don't know if its feedback from the vibration motor, driving me to want to get rid of the phone, very annoying.

Last edited:

Sav_OK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
i have vibration off and it does it so dont think its anything to do with vibration feedback, will be a software bug am guessing

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I contacted htc and they advised me to take it back, they thought it was a hardware fault after asking about it and asking what i had tried.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I contacted htc and they advised me to take it back, they thought it was a hardware fault after asking about it and asking what i had tried.

Too bad I've been way past my return period for a while now. Anyone think if I went to a Microsoft store that they'd be able to do something about it like swap it out or something? (similar to the way Apple would for an iPhone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3