Had the phone for 24 hours, phone battery is permanently dead

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got it yesterday, I was so happy to have my 8x. Last night before falling asleep, charge was at about 49%, wake up in the morning, completely dead, and totally unresponsive to charging. Tried 2 different chargers, nothing, phone wont even charge, battery is completely dead.

This is not even funny anymore, this is just a shame for HTC.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may have just got a dud. Take it back and exchange it. I, like many others here, have had little-to-no issues and great battery life with our 8x's. Give it another shot with a new one. You probably just got a lemon.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Though I don't yet have the 8X, my 710 did something very similar. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reset of the device, not sure what the sequence is for the 8x but for the 710 it was to hold down the power, down volume, and I home key. You could do a search on the internet and find what the combination is for the 8x. Worth a try before taking it back.

ljt1984

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My first one did exactly the same, thankfully the replacement one was ok! But this one suffers from random restarts lol I can't win!

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Though I don't yet have the 8X, my 710 did something very similar. I was able to fix it by doing a hard reset of the device, not sure what the sequence is for the 8x but for the 710 it was to hold down the power, down volume, and I home key. You could do a search on the internet and find what the combination is for the 8x. Worth a try before taking it back.

They tried it at the store but didn't work, it completely dead. My new one is coming in a few days, so Im hoping this one works out good

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
okay. Have you tried the 822? If you don't care about the screen, you should get that over the 8x.

I tried the 822, I don't like it at all. I like the 8x a lot better. Hopefully my new 8x coming on Monday will be a good one and the first one was a just a bad lemon. If the second one gives me problem then I might have to go to an Android or something since there is no sign of Ativ Odyssey coming anytime soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3