Weather Apps

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I still can't settle on one. I see other threads like this, but they haven't been lively in a while. New apps and updates have been released since. I like a lot of the weather apps but can't seem to find one that really blows the competition away.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I still can't settle on one. I see other threads like this, but they haven't been lively in a while. New apps and updates have been released since. I like a lot of the weather apps but can't seem to find one that really blows the competition away.

Amazing Weather HD

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to have Microsoft Weather on my Optimus 7. The simple live tiles are all that I wanted and needed.
Now I've been using the HTC app with the clock. This has been a nice addition and you can also pin other locations to your start menu. There is no customization for this additional tiles but they look good.

Amazing Weather looks gorgeous. I might try it some time if I get bored of the HTC app.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to have Microsoft Weather on my Optimus 7. The simple live tiles are all that I wanted and needed.
Now I've been using the HTC app with the clock. This has been a nice addition and you can also pin other locations to your start menu. There is no customization for this additional tiles but they look good.

Amazing Weather looks gorgeous. I might try it some time if I get bored of the HTC app.

You can do everything you just said and more with Amazing Weather HD

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Amazing Weather HD, though I wish it had the functionality of the app I had on Android (MyWeather). Regardless, it is miles ahead of the Weather Channel app, which never updates its live time and takes forever to load. The new versions (2.2) was actually slower than the previous one, which is hard to believe.

My biggest complaint to date, is that Amazing Weather doesn't have an animated weather radar. I live in an area which is very prone to tornadoes. In fact, it is one of the top few highest frequency for them in the country. As such, I rely heavily on live weather radar with animation so that I can see which way storm cells are moving, if hooks are forming, etc. For any weather app to not have this is a major omission. They need to get one which updates at 5 min increments, soon.

Last edited:

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Always used weather live on wp7 (900). On 920 it didn't update consistently. Using amazing weather hd. Location based, start screen updating is spot on. It uses weather underground for data - best so far.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Weather Smiles because it's the only weather app (that I know of) where the live tile changes location based on where I am (although I wish it was more robust). Does Amazing Weather have live tiles that update to current locations?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does and very well, if I may add. :)

So far, not for me. Installed and pinned it this morning, set it to update the live tile hourly.m been on there for about 6 hours now and still just showing the AmazingWeather HD tile with no information.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Did you pin the tile from inside the app? You need to pin it from the screen that shows your location or the city you want to see. This allows you to have live tiles for multiple locations.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can set amazing weather to your current location. Like mentioned above you do need to pin it from within the app. It defaults to you current location when you open the app. You can tell because there is the GPS symbol (circle within circle). Just pin that. Amazing weather is so good!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you pin the tile from inside the app? You need to pin it from the screen that shows your location or the city you want to see. This allows you to have live tiles for multiple locations.

Thanks, that was the problem. I originally pinned it from the app list. Once I pinned it from inside the app it worked perfectly

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Amazing weather HD is the best so far. It certainly could use a few added options but can't rush such a great app. I'm sure it will come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12