After a while with 8X, hows Battery Life?

ccassity85

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I took mine off the charger yesterday morning around 7am and plugged it in around 10:30pm. I was at 49%.

I streamed music during 2 workouts, browsed the web, had a few phone calls, and texted throughout the day.

One thing I seem to notice is it is quick to drain to about 70% within the first few hours of having it unplugged but then battery drain really starts to slow down.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon red 8x drained 6% in 20 mins taking one screen shot, searched one person in Skype app and rest using wpcentral app. Is this normal?

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My wife's ATT 8X has no issue with battery life unless she's skyping. Gotta reset the phone after she skypes or it drains quick.
Hmmm i had a fishy feeling If the source was my Skype or amazing weather HD running it on GPS rather than data app. How do I sign out from Skype? I can't find it on wp8 version....

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, I used my 8x sparingly. Checked the people hub a few times, one or two very short calls and a handful of text messages. After 11 hours, I still had 80% battery left.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
With my usage which usually includes a couple of hours of reading, I typically have 30% left at the end of my 16 hour day.

tlscott93

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is absolutely awful. I did a reset and it was fine for a little while, but today I woke up around 8:45 unplugged the phone, listened to some music, sent a few texts. It was still at 100% at around 10. It is currently at 5% with some web browsing, texting, just basic stuff. This is completely ridiculous I love this phone aside from the battery and some web content does not play. The battery might be a deal breaker

Klaric

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is spot on, I have noticed this myself the last few days and many others are reporting this. It's very strange, but true. the battery will seem to drain too quickly in the morning, and in the afternoon it seems like it hardly uses any battery!

I took mine off the charger yesterday morning around 7am and plugged it in around 10:30pm. I was at 49%.

I streamed music during 2 workouts, browsed the web, had a few phone calls, and texted throughout the day.

One thing I seem to notice is it is quick to drain to about 70% within the first few hours of having it unplugged but then battery drain really starts to slow down.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
from about 90% starting around 930AM, I switch to airplane mode and wifi OFF with barely any use throughout the day. At about 530PM I'm usually around 70-80% :(

hoping it gets better with time and with a possible firmware update in the near future.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got to the first month with my black 8X and the battery got better after 7-10 days.

Now I get between 12-15 hours more moderate than heavy usage with nothing disabled, just bluetooth when I'm not driving (1 hr daily at the most). It's on par with other phones and a little better than my old Optimus 7. Can't complain but I would love to have a phone that lasts 24 hrs with heavy usage, though ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism