Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

I'm thinking HSPA & GSM before LTE. T-Mo before Verizon. With AT&T smack in the middle. I'd even put a dollar on it... ;)
    From the CO and my 8X
    Thanked by:

I have the update :) you'll be glad to know we now have drafts in the text message app and also the ability to send a preset text when you can't answer a call, I don't remember that being there before? might be wrong
    snaqvi91 likes this.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    I have the update :) you'll be glad to know we now have drafts in the text message app and also the ability to send a preset text when you can't answer a call, I don't remember that being there before? might be wrong
    Could you keep updating us on any and all changes you find? And could you check if there is VPN support if possible? Thanks.

That's new Luck. Kept iPeople away
    From the CO and my 8X

That's all I could find and I can't find any mention of VPN

Recap:
    - Constant Wifi
    - Text Message Drafts
    - Preset Text Reply When Unable to Take a Call
    Thanked by:
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    Battery percentage indicator? I hadn't heard about this yet, but I was curious as to why I had to download an app to tell me my percentage, instead if it being readily available as a drop down like LTE, WiFi indicators.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    That's all I could find and I can't find any mention of VPN

Recap:
    - Constant Wifi
    - Text Message Drafts
    - Preset Text Reply When Unable to Take a Call
    Do you have the international unlocked version or something? Does it have LTE?

I might sound pessimistic but I have a feeling this updates going to take its sweet time coming to LTE carrier locked devices. There's a reason Google went for HSDPA for its Nexus line.

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ugh... I hope not. I keep refreshing my phone (Verizon) and I'm not getting anything. I want to live in the *now* like the rest of the 8X world!

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    For those who got the update could you tell us if the reboot and freezing issues have gone away and how's the battery life?

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm worried how long it's going to take the carriers to get these updates out.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Samot View Post
    Downloading it now
    what carrier??
    No update yet for t-mo

No luck yet here. Unlocked international 8X bought in Hong Kong...

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    downloading update here in Romania...8x unlocked from Orange...

yes, update available.... croatia, VIP operater.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    It's at this point that I seriously regret my lack of impulse control. Every year, I vow that I will never buy a carrier branded (locked) device, instead opting for a fully unlocked phone from Expansys or Clove or similar. Last year, I stuck to my guns and picked up my un-sullied Titan from Clove. This year, all the excitement of WP8 overwhelmed me and I succumbed at the O2 store on the first day of 8X availability in the UK and now have an O2 branded 8X which no doubt means that I will not get this nice new update for several months while O2 "test" and "validate" it on their wonderful network. Shame they don't do as much testing on their network infrastructure which has fallen over catastrophically TWICE this year!

Ah well.....................
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.
    Banned

Any battery life improvements?

No update on Verizon as of 2am eastern time.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucePolicy View Post
    No update on Verizon as of 2am eastern time.
    Ditto
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Isn't there a changelog? I was looking over the menus but I couldn't find any differences except for those you mentioned already...
    T-Mobile, nothing yet.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hopefully this does something about the battery issues.

Still losing about 6-10% hourly just in stand by and I've followed almost all the """battery tricks and tips"""
    Banned

Just a heads up, it's identical build to that of HTC 8S

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    I just downloaded and installed the update. It seems to get stuck in the "preparing update" at 100% but after a couple of minutes it carries on.

The ability to keep WiFi turned on while locked it's great, specially since my carrier has been getting major signal and data problems in the last month or so.

I also noticed a firmware update but I can't find any info. The updates (there were 3-4 into one) are numbered using the standard KB numbering system used in Windows or other Microsoft products. Tomorrow will try to look for the KB articles if there are any.

It's good to know that Microsoft kept their promise for early updates. Hopefully we can add "often" to that as well :D

Downloaded and installed the update a few minutes ago. Also got stuck at 100% for a few minutes, then completed the installation.

Love the Reply with Text option. In fact it's even better than on iOS as you can have the option of fully customizing the pre-set text messages, whereas with iOS the customization is only partial (which never made sense to me).
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast