Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 118
Like Tree9Likes
  1. dol4er's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #51  
    First day with the update - I can say I notice improvement on the battery life. However, I experienced a new problem - instead of rebooting, the phone just turned off once... I hope it won't happen again.
    Thanked by:
    msdugn 
  2. taurgis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #52  
    Got the update today, it got stuck at 100% for a while but suddenly I got a popup to install. 10 minutes later update finished without a hitch.
  3. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,818 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    It's at this point that I seriously regret my lack of impulse control. Every year, I vow that I will never buy a carrier branded (locked) device, instead opting for a fully unlocked phone from Expansys or Clove or similar. Last year, I stuck to my guns and picked up my un-sullied Titan from Clove. This year, all the excitement of WP8 overwhelmed me and I succumbed at the O2 store on the first day of 8X availability in the UK and now have an O2 branded 8X which no doubt means that I will not get this nice new update for several months while O2 "test" and "validate" it on their wonderful network. Shame they don't do as much testing on their network infrastructure which has fallen over catastrophically TWICE this year!


    Ah well.....................
    I think with the UK carriers, it doesn't take much longer. All our networks are the same so it doesn't require extra testing. Of course, I always go SIM-free anyway so it isn't an issue for me. But you should get it soon. I've not read issues of UK carriers holding back updates.

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  4. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I think with the UK carriers, it doesn't take much longer. All our networks are the same so it doesn't require extra testing. Of course, I always go SIM-free anyway so it isn't an issue for me. But you should get it soon. I've not read issues of UK carriers holding back updates.
    Just to add, I have a Three branded handset and I managed to download the update this morning. :)
  5. snaqvi91's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetroublewith View Post
    Just to add, I have a Three branded handset and I managed to download the update this morning. :)
    Wooohoo that renews hopes that carrier locked devices will get the update.
  6. MKairys's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #56  
    I suppose I should find something better to do with my day than sitting here clicking "check for update" every ten minutes -- especially as I have "tell me when" and "automatically download" both checked :)
    hipporama and jdhooghe like this.
  7. iainmann's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #57  
    A word of warning. Some people are finding the text-to-reject-call new feature in the update isn't working. The setting is there but no button appears on the incoming call screen:
    IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: HTC 8X call-reject-with-SMS update feature not working for some
  8. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by iainmann View Post
    A word of warning. Some people are finding the text-to-reject-call new feature in the update isn't working. The setting is there but no button appears on the incoming call screen:
    IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: HTC 8X call-reject-with-SMS update feature not working for some
    This is normal.

    In order for it to work, the number has to be in your Contacts list, and has to be a mobile number.
    Thanked by:
    baygacon likes this.
  9. RobbCab's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #59  
    You should probably update the blog post to clarify that it works but it needs to know the caller is calling from a mobile number and n your contacts.
  10. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbCab View Post
    You should probably update the blog post to clarify that it works but it needs to know the caller is calling from a mobile number and n your contacts.
    Who was that directed to? I do not have the authority or privileges to do that haha.
  11. barnybrook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #61  
    my uk htc 8x keeps getting stuck at about 55% then coming out with "the update couldn't be downloaded (801881d0)"



    Any ideas????
  12. Koekjes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #62  
    My update is also downloading :)
  13. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    781 Posts
    #63  
    I dont think this will be coming to US carriers for awhile.
  14. #64  
    Yes. Quite a big battery life improvement. Would say 10 to 15% less use per day, maybe more.
    Thanked by:
    jdhooghe likes this.
  15. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by barnybrook View Post
    my uk htc 8x keeps getting stuck at about 55% then coming out with "the update couldn't be downloaded (801881d0)"



    Any ideas????
    How much free MEM ? You might need to have 4Gb free.
  16. barnybrook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #66  
    plenty of free mem done hard reset and everything , even tried htc help that told me only androids get ota updates!!!!!!!!!
  17. L_D_Heagle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #67  
    No update on Verizon as of 11:00AM Central Time
  18. adesonic's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    #68  
    Any way to force the update like you used to be able to on 7.5
  19. morpheus1982's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    204 Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    Any way to force the update like you used to be able to on 7.5
    +1! Still waiting!
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520
  20. mrdeeds72's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    +1! Still waiting!
    +2... With Bell Canada!
  21. mixa8x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #71  
    downloading update here in Serbia...operator Telenor
  22. jdhooghe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,250 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    Yes. Quite a big battery life improvement. Would say 10 to 15% less use per day, maybe more.

    This is excellent news!
  23. Sheikmans's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    #73  
    Yes I can also confirm a battery improvement, even with wifi on whole day.
    Thanked by:
    msdugn 
  24. Koekjes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #74  
    The update went flawless here, several hours ago, the Netherlands.
  25. #75  
    The battery improvement is substantial.... From 08:20 to 21:26, I am at 44%. All day on Edge, used GPS for 8 hours, 30min Bluetooth, used WiFi auto-on and surfed, texted for a good 3 hours... Plus two 10min phone calls. I removed Skype however. Have 1 Exchange, 2 Hotmail, 1 Gmail and 1 pop account plus Facebook. Accounts are Push. 30, 60, 120 and on demand. Plus I installed 1 app. This is a very good update!
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Update for Focus 1.4
    By ALborntoride in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 05:55 PM
  2. Still got update 7392 after Chevron Updater for NODO.
    By Kohven in forum Dell Venue Pro
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
  3. Update for people using focus without a cellular service?
    By johnpaul13 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions