Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    First day with the update - I can say I notice improvement on the battery life. However, I experienced a new problem - instead of rebooting, the phone just turned off once... I hope it won't happen again.
    Thanked by:
    msdugn 

Got the update today, it got stuck at 100% for a while but suddenly I got a popup to install. 10 minutes later update finished without a hitch.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    It's at this point that I seriously regret my lack of impulse control. Every year, I vow that I will never buy a carrier branded (locked) device, instead opting for a fully unlocked phone from Expansys or Clove or similar. Last year, I stuck to my guns and picked up my un-sullied Titan from Clove. This year, all the excitement of WP8 overwhelmed me and I succumbed at the O2 store on the first day of 8X availability in the UK and now have an O2 branded 8X which no doubt means that I will not get this nice new update for several months while O2 "test" and "validate" it on their wonderful network. Shame they don't do as much testing on their network infrastructure which has fallen over catastrophically TWICE this year!

Ah well.....................
    I think with the UK carriers, it doesn't take much longer. All our networks are the same so it doesn't require extra testing. Of course, I always go SIM-free anyway so it isn't an issue for me. But you should get it soon. I've not read issues of UK carriers holding back updates.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I think with the UK carriers, it doesn't take much longer. All our networks are the same so it doesn't require extra testing. Of course, I always go SIM-free anyway so it isn't an issue for me. But you should get it soon. I've not read issues of UK carriers holding back updates.
    Just to add, I have a Three branded handset and I managed to download the update this morning. :)

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetroublewith View Post
    Just to add, I have a Three branded handset and I managed to download the update this morning. :)
    Wooohoo that renews hopes that carrier locked devices will get the update.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I suppose I should find something better to do with my day than sitting here clicking "check for update" every ten minutes -- especially as I have "tell me when" and "automatically download" both checked :)
    hipporama and jdhooghe like this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    A word of warning. Some people are finding the text-to-reject-call new feature in the update isn't working. The setting is there but no button appears on the incoming call screen:
    IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: HTC 8X call-reject-with-SMS update feature not working for some
    Quote Originally Posted by iainmann View Post
    A word of warning. Some people are finding the text-to-reject-call new feature in the update isn't working. The setting is there but no button appears on the incoming call screen:
    IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: HTC 8X call-reject-with-SMS update feature not working for some
    This is normal.

In order for it to work, the number has to be in your Contacts list, and has to be a mobile number.
    Thanked by:
    baygacon likes this.

You should probably update the blog post to clarify that it works but it needs to know the caller is calling from a mobile number and n your contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbCab View Post
    You should probably update the blog post to clarify that it works but it needs to know the caller is calling from a mobile number and n your contacts.
    Who was that directed to? I do not have the authority or privileges to do that haha.

my uk htc 8x keeps getting stuck at about 55% then coming out with "the update couldn't be downloaded (801881d0)"

Any ideas????

My update is also downloading :)

I dont think this will be coming to US carriers for awhile.
    Yes. Quite a big battery life improvement. Would say 10 to 15% less use per day, maybe more.
    Thanked by:
    jdhooghe likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by barnybrook View Post
    my uk htc 8x keeps getting stuck at about 55% then coming out with "the update couldn't be downloaded (801881d0)"

Any ideas????
    How much free MEM ? You might need to have 4Gb free.

plenty of free mem done hard reset and everything , even tried htc help that told me only androids get ota updates!!!!!!!!!

No update on Verizon as of 11:00AM Central Time

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Any way to force the update like you used to be able to on 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    Any way to force the update like you used to be able to on 7.5
    +1! Still waiting!
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    +1! Still waiting!
    +2... With Bell Canada!

downloading update here in Serbia...operator Telenor

Global Posts
    2,250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    Yes. Quite a big battery life improvement. Would say 10 to 15% less use per day, maybe more.

This is excellent news!

Yes I can also confirm a battery improvement, even with wifi on whole day.
    Thanked by:
    msdugn 

The update went flawless here, several hours ago, the Netherlands.
    The battery improvement is substantial.... From 08:20 to 21:26, I am at 44%. All day on Edge, used GPS for 8 hours, 30min Bluetooth, used WiFi auto-on and surfed, texted for a good 3 hours... Plus two 10min phone calls. I removed Skype however. Have 1 Exchange, 2 Hotmail, 1 Gmail and 1 pop account plus Facebook. Accounts are Push. 30, 60, 120 and on demand. Plus I installed 1 app. This is a very good update!
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast