12-10-2012, 06:57 PM #1
- 2 Posts
Like so many others, I am fed up with the ugliness and over-customizability of Android, in addition to the ugly form factor of the phone I havbe. This leads me to want to switch to the 8X (Verizon).
However, there are some issues that I hear are happening:
1. Battery Life. I am hearing wildly varying reports of either fnatastic battery life or horrid battery life. Others are saying that it takes some weeks to improve battery life, which makes no sense with Li-ions. Can I just hear a couple people's experiences and which side is generally right?
2. Lack of "Group Messaging" feature on the Verizon variant. I'm not really sure what it is, but from what I understand it is missing only on the Verizon variant. Could someone explain this?
3. Bluetooth. I hear that bluetooth either doesn't work or causes a reset loop.
4. Navigation. I understand that the only default navigation app is VZNavigator. You can access the standard navs from the map view, but not from the information view. Can one assign a 3rd-party app to be the app accessed if one selects "directions" from a place's information page, or will it only use VZNavigator?
5. Corners. I've heard people talking about the corners wearing away their soft-touch. IMO this is unacceptable and I'd like to hear if most people are having this.
Just some more perspectives on these issues would be really be appreciated. Thanks everybody! WPCentral seems like a great community, been lurking for a while.
- 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM #2
1) My battery life is all day use! I'm not sure why others aren't getting that!
2) Yeh lack of group messaging is a pain. Its in WP7 but not WP8. I feel that there may be an update shortly to include that. not sure why it isnt included already!
3) My bluetooth worths flawlessly. Best bluetooth experience ive had yet!
4) yeh it is a pain and yes third party apps can be accessed by information pages
5) Ive got a case on mine! :P lol
12-10-2012, 07:31 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Also one thing I forgot to mention is how's the sound quality? I have a ZuneHD w/lossless files so I know good sound--I don't expect the 8X to be better but is it at least on par? Regardless of Beats(ugh), I know HTC usually has good audio. Also I'm not really worried about apps, I know most of the ons I use or on WP.
- 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM #4
Everybody hates on the beats because its name brand like Holister or whatever. But the Beats sound incredible. I listened to BT's These Hopeful Machines with my Beats Solo HD and the Beats audio in my 8x and I just started crying! It gives me the chills!
Yeh its not precision like lossless on the ZuneHD (and yes i know what thats like, thats what i came from as well) but it manages to touch you the way it handles the audio! Hard to explain..
Edit: Oh, and its loud! REAL loud! I listened to my music volume all the way up with every pmp device ive ever had. With this, it hurts to go above 20/30 in most songs!
- By jodahav in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 20Last Post: 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM
- By raghugs in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM
- By mmaman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
- By mobster011 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 29Last Post: 12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
- By Pain in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 03-27-2011, 08:28 AM