Screen Protector??

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I always order the Empire or Crystal ones from Amazon. They're cheap, and work great on every other device we have.

However, the on for the 8x sucks! Its the curved glass. It just won't sit right.

What works on this thing? I've tried the Zagg on other phones, but couldn't tolerate the tacky feeling or the orange peel effect on the display.

I'm a bit nervous going naked, though.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

geluadi

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have bought the HTC original screen protector....very nice...in the packet they put 2 pieces...almost 14 euro here in Romania ...
Sent from my 8X using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I love and use Zagg all the time. They are actually the only ones I order my privacy screens from (iPhone-only).

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I always order the Empire or Crystal ones from Amazon. They're cheap, and work great on every other device we have.

However, the on for the 8x sucks! Its the curved glass. It just won't sit right.

What works on this thing? I've tried the Zagg on other phones, but couldn't tolerate the tacky feeling or the orange peel effect on the display.

I'm a bit nervous going naked, though.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

unless it's one of the hard covers that power supply and spg offer, it will ALWAYS have orange peel.

ghost armor is a huge improvement over zagg, but then again, basically everyone has less orange peel than zagg.

i've used bse and skinomi on other phones, and the ghost armor seems to have the least amount of peel and the least amount of finger friction.

It still has noticeable orange peel though, and it is nowhere near as oleophobic as the pure gorilla glass. Instead of the phone coming out of your pocket clean every time, once you have these soft protectors on, it's perpetually finger smudged unless you put effort into buffing all the prints out (who has time for that?).

I personally removed my soft cover. i would rather just replace the screen 6 months down the line for $100 if necessary. otherwise, if SPG comes up with a hard protector for our devices, i'll definitely use it.

epsilon212

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I originally bough the Verizon screen protectors. They were terrible: they did not cover the entire screen and seem to wear out way too quickly. I recently had Ghost Armor placed on the phone, and it is perfect. It covers nearly the entire screen, is buttery smooth and clear. I have used Zagg on a prior Android phone and had to remove it after a week due to its friction and less than stellar clarity.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
That's the same problems I had with Zagg.

I'll give Ghost Armor a shot. Otherwise this will be the first device I rock bare.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How does ghost armor screen protector work? Is it applied by them, wears out after a while and you just peel it off?

same as all the other wet apply soft covers

soap and water + improvised squeegee

then they charge you exuberant shipping rates for your warranty replacement when you need them

edit: and yes they wear out after a while. some turn colors, most develop more orange peel from heat cycling/wear and tear, and other just get scratches that won't "self heal"

Alex Meander

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Give ArmorSuit Military a try! It's a wet application, but it's pretty easy to apply. If you need help, you can watch Youtube videos they have on the site. I have been using their protectors on all my devices.
They come with lifetime replacements too, which is goood right?! :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre