Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JerseySal

I have a pretty trivia question. My HTC live tile doesn't display weather pictures. It's just the default colour with all the usual info. Everywhere on internet I see pictures of HTC hub double tile with great animations like this one: Attachment 24644. Is it just something that they eliminated or am I doing something wrong?

Mine just shows the clock and weather info on the large tile. I can't see your attachment for some reason, but all the images I've seen it's just the clock with the theme colour.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Your attachment isn't working.

One the live tile it just shows the time, location and temperature. If you are talking about displaying weather pictures, I think then you are talking setting your hub tile as the default lock screen.

Go to Settings > Lock Screen > Background > HTC

If not the one you might be talking about is for WP7 where they did have the weather pic for the tile

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I wish we could have the option to make it only show the clock as I'd like to use my own weather app's live tile (like weather flow). Redundant weather (especially when it doesn't match) looks weird. The HTC Hub clock is the best tile clock out though.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    You could make it only show the clock. Erase all of the locations in the weather section. It worked for me.
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Mine only shows the clock, it doesn't show any weather information even though I have a weather location configured within the application itself :(

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSal1 View Post
    You could make it only show the clock. Erase all of the locations in the weather section. It worked for me.
    How do you get rid of the local (GPS) location? I've deleted all locations, but that one stays.

Edit: Never mind....figured out I had to uninstall and reinstall and disallow location tracking on first run. Thanks!
    Thanked by:

Coming from an HTC Evo with the giant clock and weather overlay effects, I wanted something similar to that for my new phone. I couldn't get the deafult HTC App to work the way I wanted, but I found the "Amazing Weather HD" App and it does a great job. It's not exactly like the old display, but it can use your current location to display the weather for where you are.
    It also has some really nice (In my opinon) radar maps and other weather info when you click the icon/tile.