How long to calibrate?

jaydroid88

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my 8x on Saturday and had mediocre battery life on Sunday. Monday was absolutely fantastic (was at about 50% 8 hour off the charger and got through the day). Today was not so hot, at about 2 hours in I had 65% battery left so I restarted and it seemed to plateau out a bit. Does my phone just need a week or 2 to calibrate? Coming from the Thunderbolt I'm really looking for something solid to get me through the day with minimal to moderate usage. Other than the paranoia associated with extremely varying days of battery life I love my Windows Phone and I believe the switch was worth it. I just need some reassurance...

Side Note: I am experiencing a crackling sound every now and then when I get a call. I read that this may be a software issue???

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I have read that a lot of people had to wait 1 or 2 weeks then saw some improvements and stabilization with the battery. Also there is an update being pushed right now and for the people that received that update, they said that it improved the battery.

Now for the crackling sound, there is a post and people are referring to BeatsAudio. I thought that it was related with the Attentive phone settings, but yesterday I was listening to music with my headphones so BeatsAudio was on, then received a call. Once the call ended the music started to play again but with crackling sound. I had to stop the music, unplug my headphones, plug them back in and played the music again and the sound came back as normal. It doesn't happen all the time....but for sure they need to fix that!

Superhyper

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Your typical lithium battery usually needs between 3-5 charge cycles to get settled in. That varies somewhat from battery to battery, but after that you generally won't see major changes. As far as I can tell the 8X's battery issues seem to be software-based, and the portico update does appear to provide some improvement.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, it was some time between 3-5 days. I've been using my 8X for a month now and the battery lasts 12-15 with moderate to heavy. That's good enough.

After the update that brought us WiFi keep alive, the battery lasts even more. Today I used my phone in the low to moderate range and it's been like 14 hours or so since I last charged it and I have 38% left :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss