Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Just wanted to post as I've not seen one yet on the subject. The Portico update has made no difference to my phone's rebooting whatsoever. It always seems to reboot around the same time each day (around 1400 GMT) althrough reboots at other times occur, this points to some sort of syncing issue imo.

Well that cant be good news.
    Try to disable the automatic time sync. Remove set date and time automatically. Maybe it is that... that would be done around the same time every day. Give it a try.

Today I've received a new update. So far so good, no reboots, yet. :)
    Well they said they found a bug that could be the source of the reboot, not that they found all of them :D

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I haven't had any reboots for 4 weeks... I don't know how they stopped but now the phone is gorgeous, after the last two updates - 24 hours regular usage and the battery is on 50%. Wonderful :)

Did you guys also receive the firmware update? Perhaps that is needed before reboot is fixed

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I got the firmware updated today.

Just posted in the update thread.. I got my first update since upgrading to Portico. I was on the underground inbetween stations with no mobile signal or wifi and I got the vibrate followed by reboot.

Ben.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    all the rebooting isn't just firmware. my original device reboot everytime the signal dipped and switching between towers. new device hasn't had one reboot (and thats without the update)

I took mine back yesterday for a swap so I'm going to see how this new one manages.

I'm experiencing random reboots only when data connection is turned on.
    Roaming... what is your setting for Roaming? Try on and off.
    Also a bunch of Germans are saying that the reboots stop when the mobile data connection is set to off.
    Last edited by Coolknight1968; 12-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    Also try this.
    Switch the phone off. Then remove the sim tray. Does your phone now start on its own?
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html