Notification Light on HTC 8X ?

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Just recently picked up my 8X from Bell here in Ontario. I am wondering if there is something I am missing. After watching way too may reviews etc I noticed that the 8x has an LED in the earpiece speaker grill that is need or green . so far I can only see this lit up when the phone is charging. Red when charging and green when it is charged. However in the phonearena video review the red light is shown blinking while he is holding the phone at the beginning. Any idea if there is a way to get this to flash for notifications for email/texts etc?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I expect you are right. Just wanted to check. Would be a great feature I think missed a light on my Lumia 710 and had hope for the 8x

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's the same on my HTC HD7, when battery is low (ca 15%) the lights starts blinking in red, and stays red (but no blinking) while being charged. When the battery is fully charged but phone is still pluged in, it will light up in green.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe down the road HTC will release an update or app that would give us a true notification light as that is what they call it in the user guide rather then battery indicator....just wishful thinking

freekwel

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe down the road HTC will release an update or app that would give us a true notification light as that is what they call it in the user guide rather then battery indicator....just wishful thinking

I was kind of hoping for this to happen with the recent software and firmware update, but alas... I assume the charging indication is all hardware, so it's not built in to the OS. E-mail/SMS/extra notifications would have to be handled by the OS. Anyone know if Microsoft even allows hardware manufacturers to add such features?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes