Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi everyone, first timer on the forum. Can I ask with the new update I read that you can answer a call with a text. I've tried to set this up and believe I've done this right but when I have a call the only option I have Is to answer or ignore.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

As far as I know you need to add your messages first (max is 2 I think). However I don't know where since I don't have my 8X right now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by justinholmes View Post
    Hi everyone, first timer on the forum. Can I ask with the new update I read that you can answer a call with a text. I've tried to set this up and believe I've done this right but when I have a call the only option I have Is to answer or ignore.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
    Hi, I didn't have the update yet and maybe this is a silly question but the call that you are getting is it from a cellphone. Is that cellphone registered to your contacts as a mobile phone number since the system needs to know it is a mobile phone number that is calling you.

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Hi, I didn't have the update yet and maybe this is a silly question but the call that you are getting is it from a cellphone. Is that cellphone registered to your contacts as a mobile phone number since the system needs to know it is a mobile phone number that is calling you.
    Hi thanks for the info it was because the mobile that called me wasn't registered as one of my contacts. I've tried it with a mobile that's on my contact list and it works well. Nice feature.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by ImAdrian23 View Post
    As far as I know you need to add your messages first (max is 2 I think). However I don't know where since I don't have my 8X right now. :/
    Thanks for your help.