HTC 8X Wifi

GiftedSoul

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I just got an HTC 8X a couple days ago (switched from Galaxy Nexus) and I'm on a 2GB data plan since I use my ipad for nearly everything; but I heard a lot about windows phone not keeping a wifi signal when it goes to sleep. So does this mean that even when I see the wifi logo in the top when I'm at the Lockscreen, its still not working? When wifi is enabled, does it disable 3G automatically? This is elementary but I didn't want to go over my data because the OS can't turn off 3G when in wifi.

geluadi

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
After last update,you can choose in settings to keep alive your wifi connection..
Sent from my 8X using Board Express

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
As stated above, you can now select wifi to stay on permanently even when the phone is "sleeping", I would add that the 8x has the best radio reception (cellular, Bluetooth and wifi) of any htc phone I have owned (which have been many). Cellular reception has been a revelation to me, I get a good signal in my house where my HTC Titan and HTC One x would have struggled. I also get a great fast cellular signal at my local curry house where previously I could only get a low speed signal, great for browsing the footie results on a Saturday evening while I wait for my take away!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When you connected to WiFi your data goes over WiFi. Tip: Use Edge when you don't need fast data or are on WiFi. It conserves a lot of battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes