Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well i'm currently available for an upgrade and i'm satisfied with T-mobile service and have no desire to leave them. but i see myself going back and forth with 8x and Lumia 810.
    i do care about battery life alot and i hear the lumia 810 has great battery life but i also heard due to the recent update the 8x now also has a great battery life.
    and if so can you guys tell how long are the battery life for both of them in terms of Hours.
    another thing i am concern about is that the 8x is soooooo sexyyyy BUT the lumia has the "exclusive" nokia apps?

so for the lumia owners how are the Nokia apps treating you?

Thanks guys for your feedback!!
    You will not get any intelligent hours figures because that depends on many things.
    But I can confirm this: The update "Portico" and new Firmware double the battery life.
    We now get 1.5 to 3 days out of a unit, depending on usage, number of mail accounts, mode (Edge, 3G) etc.
    We have 5pcs 8X in our office now... of which two are mine.
    (So technically 4 units as I swap between Blue and Black depending on what I do. I have different installs on each phone, with my blue one being full of games for my 6 year old daughter.)
    All these are HSPA+ units which have somewhat lesser battery life than the never 4G units as the 3G chip needs more power in 3G than the 4G in 3G.
    Should you get a 8X... if you don't have one... why buy one before Portico and the Firmware update is released for the 8X on your carrier?
    I would wait...
    All our office units are unlocked and received Portico and the latest firmware.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html