HTC 8X issue with text, email, phone calls

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've not once seen this on my Verizon 8X, but I would suggest a simple power down with removing and reinserting the SIM. Then boot back up and wait a few minutes. At least on Verizon that will update the PRL and apparently forces re-authentication. I've seen it fix fluctuating signal on other devices, so maybe that's somehow related to the missed texts and auto voicemail redirect.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We've tried that, the only fix till an update is to toggle airplane mode on and off periodically. I just do it once when I wake up and once later jn the day.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Making a call also "wakes" it up. I know I can look at my phone screen, no voicemails notifications or text...make a call and as soon as it starts ringing I hear several beeps and look and see text popping in and voicemail notification...if there is one :(

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
That stinks then. Sorry that didn't help. I'll ask to see if anyone has tried to reach me and gone straight to VM. It's difficult to tell if it's the devices or networks. If it happens though I'll report it to my carrier and HTC also.

gurux

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to include another "Me too" (HTC Windows Phone 8x on T-Mobile USA). It's very annoying because besides missing texts and calls, the phone is otherwise working "normally" so you have no idea it's in this state until someone gets a hold of you through some other means and asks why you aren't responding. I just got a replacement phone today from T-Mobile because of this and another issue, but now that I see this thread I'm not hopeful the replacement will be any different.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if the replacement has the issue. I can't believe that all the phones have this issue. There would be a bigger uproar.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had 2 phones and has happened on both. IMO this a lot more serious than the reboot issue. With the reboot, you can actually see it happen. How do you know when phone stops receiving calls? You can look at display and see "4G" and full signal strength and still have no clue. It does not affect calling out so again nothing you would see. Only way you would know is if someone told you or if you make a call and suddenly notice you have texts/voicemails /shrug.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is a major problem I wonder how many are affected though, wpcentral hasn't brought it up yet

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine does this as well. I set up a task on my home PC using Task Scheduler to send me a text every 30 minutes so I know I'm still alive : - (

briant1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This problem has been plaguing all three 8x phones in my house. It happens every day. I spent a lot of time trying to find a root cause, and I finally found something that seems to be at least related, if not the cause.

Every time this happens, I can go into Settings -> Email+Accounts, and my Microsoft account is in the process of syncing. It goes on for a very long time, and while it's happening, texts do not work, chat goes offline, and my other email accounts will not sync. For example, I can open up Yahoo or Gmail, and type an email. But when I hit send, it errors that it is unable to send at this time. If I type a text and hit send, nothing happens. The exact same behavior happens on the other two phones.

I have changed my account sync for the Microsoft account to once per day, and now the problem happens only once per day when that account syncs. Exactly the same after making the same changes on the other two phones. The only way I have found to reliably fix it is to toggle data on and off (airplane mode), and then reboot the phone. This process has fixed all three phones each time they do this.

Not sure what is going on with the Microsoft account sync, but it seems to be tied to the issues we are having.

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps this might be related to the larger sync issues everyone has had resulting from installing Skype. Try uninstalling Skype and restarting your phone and see if that helps the problem.

briant1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps this might be related to the larger sync issues everyone has had resulting from installing Skype. Try uninstalling Skype and restarting your phone and see if that helps the problem.

Thanks, gdsaar. However, only one of three has ever had Skype installed (mine), and I've long since uninstalled it, and even done a factory reset since the problems started.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3